Author Topic: Off-topic replies  (Read 28547 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Off-topic replies
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2020, 04:13 PM »
As it was me who suggested that the heating related posts be separated-out, the least you could have done was to open a new thread called something like 'room heating' in Talk about anything.

And spend the rest of my day trying to factor out the off-topic replies to Iain's thread into those pertaining to (a) oil, (b) butter, (c) ghee, (d) butter bells, (e) butter spreading, (f) room temperatures, and (g) anything else.  No, sorry George, life is too short.  Once a thread goes off-topic, I will migrate all off-topic replies into a single sub-thread of "Off-topic replies" with a subject line that tries to reflect the various topics encompassed.  If you want to start a new thread entitled "Room heating", I will happily move those earlier replies that address that topic to your new thread.

Alternatively (or in addition), as we still have only two moderators, why don't you offer your services as moderator of the "Off-topic replies" thread ?  You could then do with it as you saw fit.

** Phil.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2020, 05:28 PM »

Alternatively (or in addition), as we still have only two moderators, why don't you offer your services as moderator of the "Off-topic replies" thread ?  You could then do with it as you saw fit.

** Phil.

Hell no! We've been there with George already - isn't that how we ended up with you Phil?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2020, 07:05 PM »
Hell no! We've been there with George already - isn't that how we ended up with you Phil?

No, when George stood down, he was replaced by Curryhell

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2020, 07:09 PM »

** Phil.

To clarify (for everyone), I don't have the tool to split threads, or move individual posts. All I can do is delete or modify them. So if you swear, I will modify the post (presumably), and if it becomes non-productive hot air, I will delete it (as you have seen), but I can't do anything in between. I mean,  I'm currently the moderator of this thread-and there's nothing I can do with it at all, except kill/morph selected posts  :angel: :cool:

SMF provide for a multi-layered forum administura. I for one welcome any new overlords!

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2020, 08:15 PM »
My mistook  :like:

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2020, 09:13 PM »
(FYI, I intend to become increasingly authoritarian; when you try and get rid of me, I'll hold open-air mass-rallies outside your house and launch thousands of hopeless lawsuits against you. #MakeCurriesGreatAgain #ChickenSupremeCourt #StopTheStealSaucepans #BakeNews #Etc!)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2020, 09:36 PM »
 :lol: :owsome:

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2020, 10:11 PM »
To clarify (for everyone), I don't have the tool to split threads, or move individual posts. All I can do is delete or modify them. So if you swear, I will modify the post (presumably), and if it becomes non-productive hot air, I will delete it (as you have seen), but I can't do anything in between. I mean,  I'm currently the moderator of this thread-and there's nothing I can do with it at all, except kill/morph selected posts  :angel: :cool: SMF provide for a multi-layered forum administura. I for one welcome any new overlords!

I'm sure you will do your best but, as I have said before, moderation of this forum is a thankless task.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2020, 09:21 AM »
To clarify (for everyone), I don't have the tools to split threads, or move individual posts.

Ah, I did not realise that.  In that case, since we moderators should work as a team, please let me know if there are any threads that you would like split, or individual posts that you would like moved, and I will endeavour to do the necessary.  It may not work, because it is extraordinarily easy to make a mistake in the split/merge process, but I will try nonetheless.

** Phil.

Offline michealspencer

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Power consumption
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2021, 04:38 AM »
Hi, I would like to ask if the juicer and juicer consumes power. Plus, I plan to use the pressure cooker to make food. Does it cost a lot? Thanks!

©2024 Curry Recipes