Author Topic: Off-topic replies  (Read 28296 times)

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Khoan Vong Saturday Night Takeaway Live (off-topic replies)
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2020, 02:36 PM »
George, I think you completely misunderstand. I don't care if you like my recipes or not.  I don't care to hear your rationalizations. I am indifferent to your opinions. You are literally nothing to me.

My observation is simply that this would be a better place if you could learn to contribute in a way that brings value. I am fairly certain I am not alone.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:26 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2020, 03:34 PM »
Personal attacks like Romain's are almost certainly against the rules of this forum but, of course, nothing is done about it.

Personal attacks such as those made Romain are indeed aganst the rules of the forum, but I try to moderate with a light hand.  I have several times considered moderating Romain's use of the word "babbling", and am still undecided as to whether or not my intervention would be justified.  If things get further out of hand, then those participating will receive a formal warning
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:00 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2020, 04:08 PM »
You are literally nothing to me

Oooh Vienna...  :smile2:

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2020, 04:51 PM »
Personal attacks like Romain's are almost certainly against the rules of this forum but, of course, nothing is done about it.

Personal attacks such as those made Romain are indeed aganst the rules of the forum, but I try to moderate with a light hand.  I have several times considered moderating Romain's use of the word "babbling", and am still undecided as to whether or not my intervention would be justified.  If things get further out of hand, then those participating will receive a formal warning

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2020, 04:52 PM »
if we can keep this discussion on track, I will move it to Suggestions for improving this site, which is where it deserves to be.

That's good but why not go to Group Tests rather than Suggestions? My idea is for several people to try the same recipe, whereas I think before it was different people trying different recipes.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2020, 05:00 PM »
Thank you Romain, thank you George.  I will amend "babbling" to "writing" or "talking" (final decision once I have re-read the post).  As to why "suggestions for improving this site", because that is exactly what it is.  At the moment.  If it becomes a group test, as I sincerely hope, then that part will of course be under "Group tests".

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2020, 09:11 PM »
Commenting on a recipe suggestion from an individual is easily taken as praise if it is positive and glowing and it can also be taken as a direct personal insult if the critique is less than favorable. Neither of these is necessarily the correct interpretation.  Comments about recipes are purely subjective to an individuals taste preferences. 

George, I never held you personally responsible for the fact that I didn't rate Ghaana's Korma.  It simply showed me that I do not like BIR Korma whereas a Korma is one of my favorite dishes. Ghaana's Korma is not your recipe and I didn't understand your reaction to my comments about it.  They were not personally directed towards either you or Ghaana.  I just didn't like it and I now have an understanding about why other members regularly posted about Korma in general being awful stuff.  I was a little confused and I just thought they were Chilli-heads who didn't accept any mild curry as being a curry at all.  If this is what I was given to judge a Korma I would have the same opinion. I now understand as I love Korma but I don't like that Korma

George, I thought Romain's earlier comment was insightful in as much as it caused me to stop and re-think my own posting style and the way it is affected by personal moods at different times and with different external factors.  It was how I read the post and what it said to me.  I just didn't see the post as absurd is all I was saying and in posting that, I did not intend to chip at you in any way.  It made perfect sense to me and I could readily apply it to myself.  Nothing more or less than that and I explained that when you asked me to.

As to the recently re-discovered notes you made regarding the Bhoona, if you decide not to post these important changes, that's your choice.  Saying you have them and telling us that you are withholding is an unusual thing to do.  Better to have said nothing at all don't you think?  I'm capable of improving the dish to my own liking with the results of the first attempt guiding me.  It is up to you if you wish to share these important points with the entire forum traffic today and into the future.  I'd be appreciative of the notes you made and it may explain some things.  It may help me and others create a likable dish.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 11:00 PM by livo »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2020, 10:31 PM »
Livo - I forgot to thank you for reminding me of traditional kormas when you originally said you didn't like Ghanna's BIR style korma. I found 3 or 4 recipes somewhere and they were all excellent, albeit quite different between each other, and nothing like a BIR korma.

The main changes I made to the lamb bhoona recipe was to add a fair amount of full cream yoghurt and not add any garam masala. This was because an earlier recipe I'd tried 10 years ago for a lamb curry used yoghurt and I thought it was worth trying. The yoghurt may have 'toned down' and smoothed out the spices, for all I know, because, as I said, my end result was really good, at least for my taste.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 08:04 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2020, 11:02 PM »
Oooh Vienna...  :smile2:

Oh bravo. Showing your age there mate. I have that single.

Robbo
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 08:04 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Pork, pulled and otherwise
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2020, 01:19 PM »

©2024 Curry Recipes