Author Topic: Off-topic replies  (Read 28520 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Power consumption
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2021, 10:15 AM »
Hi, I would like to ask if the juicer and juicer consumes power. Plus, I plan to use the pressure cooker to make food. Does it cost a lot? Thanks!

No, Michael, you will be pleased to know that although the juicer, if used alone, does consume considerable power, when used as "juicer and juicer" the power consumptions cancel out, as the second operates 180o out of phase with the first.  As to the pressure cooker, how much it costs depends entirely on where you buy it.  I bought mine from Fortnum & Mason, so there was little change from £12000, but if you were to source a similar model from (say) Lidl or Aldi, you might be able to get one for around 99p.

Hope this helps, and welcome aboard !
--
** Phil.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2021, 10:27 AM »
Hi, I would like to ask if the juicer and juicer consumes power. Plus, I plan to use the pressure cooker to make food. Does it cost a lot? Thanks!

No, Michael, you will be pleased to know that although the juicer, if used alone, does consume considerable power, when used as "juicer and juicer" the power consumptions cancel out, as the second operates 180o out of phase with the first.  As to the pressure cooker, how much it costs depends entirely on where you buy it.  I bought mine from Fortnum & Mason, so there was little change from £12000, but if you were to source a similar model from (say) Lidl or Aldi, you might be able to get one for around 99p.

Hope this helps, and welcome aboard !
--
** Phil.

Lidl and Aldi are great stores to buy horse blankets too  :angel:

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2021, 02:26 PM »
Well, I know that they sometimes stock piggies in blankets (usually around Christmas time) but I've never seen horses in blankets — which aisle are they in ?  [Afterthought :   perhaps I just thought that they were piggies in blankets — they might have been ponies in blankets,  but I read what I expected to read rather than what was actually printed ...].
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 06:21 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2021, 05:13 PM »
Now then gentlemen. What about this thread?!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2021, 05:21 PM »
Already reported to moderator, Sir, as soon as it appeared.  Accompanying text (after redaction) "Complete and utter b@ll@cks".

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2021, 05:37 PM »
Ah! Seems a shame to lose some of your collected replies though, which are comedy gold  :like:

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2021, 06:20 PM »
You could always move them to "Off-topic replies" !

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Off-topic replies
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2021, 08:58 PM »
Well, they may not have any horse blankets in stock, but Lidl are doing a special offer next week on electric underwater sea scooters. You have been warned!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2021, 10:03 PM »
Why do the words "electric" and "underwater", when read together, not fill me with 100% confidence in the safety of the user, I wonder ...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 10:24 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

©2024 Curry Recipes