Author Topic: Bhuna breakthrough  (Read 1233 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Bhuna breakthrough
« on: October 15, 2020, 06:04 PM »
I reported a few weeks ago that I had finally got around to trying Mr Lal's bhuna chicken, and I repeated the exercise more recently but this time using Syed's pre-cooked chicken, which is now my recipe/method of choice.  Unfortunately the results were not great (meiosis !), and I soon realised that I preferred my earlier attempt.  Rather than just force myself to eat it, I removed the chicken, binned the sauce, and then tried to think what I might do with the chicken to salvage things.  Then an idea came to me ...  I put the chicken back into the pre-cook sauce from which I had removed it, cut half a green pepper into juliennes, then re-cooked the chicken in the pre-cook sauce with the green pepper.  The results were superb, and probably the best bhuna chicken I have ever made.  Syed's pre-cook sauce has a wonderful depth (and breadth) of flavour, and it works so well in a bhuna chicken.

** Phil.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bhuna breakthrough
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 06:19 PM »
What is the pre-cook sauce Phil? I noticed this on the recipe, and meant to ask. Or is it the sauce that is created in the pre-cooking process?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Bhuna breakthrough
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 06:25 PM »
What is the pre-cook sauce Phil? I noticed this on the recipe, and meant to ask. Or is it the sauce that is created in the pre-cooking process?

Yes, that is exactly it, Onions

©2024 Curry Recipes