Author Topic: CA's Chicken Tikka Masala (Illustrated!)  (Read 47723 times)

Offline deeboi

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Tikka Masala (Illustrated!)
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 02:54 AM »
Hi, Cory Ander,
When I made mines I used Darth's Base (no chilli at all in it)
I looked for you're base in the Curry Base section but I never seen it (probably staring me right in the face lol ;D)
could you give me a link please.

Although I'm extremely happy with the recipe itself I'm gonna try a couple of base's.
I've tried Darth's and I want to try yours since its your recipe and I'm gonna try onions and ifindforu's.

Also gonna treat myself to a couple of Balti dishes as it makes the food look alot more appetising.Just like in a BIR lol.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2007, 02:50 AM »
Hi Deeboi,

Don't fret!  My curry base won't be staring you in the face because I haven't (yet) posted it!  :P

Regards,

Offline deeboi

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2007, 01:18 PM »
lol  :P :P :P get it posted dude

Offline lorrydoo

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 03:38 PM »
George, the scientiffic piece of equipment you are refering to in called a mass-spectrometer.  One of these would end any argument as to what is in a BIR curry.

Offline bigdel90

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 10:53 PM »
This is the first curry I have cooked from this amazing website. Although my entire Saturday has evolved around cooking this curry (i.e. shopping for ingredients, cooking the base etc..) I have to say that the end result was tremendous!

I used all of your specified ingredients except for when I thought there was already an adequate amount from IfondForu's curry base (creamed coconut block for example). Due to this reason I also halved the amount of coriander, cumin and garam masala. Left out desicated coconut, condensed milk and fenugreek leaves (because I couldn't get hold of any).

This was a lone experiment tonight but i'm looking forward to impressing guests next time.

Many thanks Cory Ander for sharing this recipe.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 12:59 PM »
You're welcome BD90,

Glad you had success and enjoyed it!  8)

Offline Chris303

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Hi Cory. Thanks for the recipe. Mine didn't look anything like that though.

I take it you can only get that colour with the artificial colourings?

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for trying the recipe.

What did yours look like then? 

Yes, you won't get the same vibrant colours without using artificial food colours (they don't affect the taste).  To be honest, I think the colours are a little too red and vibrant in my photos.  A little less vibrant, a little less red, and a little more orange, is my preference.

Did you use them?  If not, I imagine yours was a very pale/creamy colour? 

You can use natural food colourings, instead, but the colours will be far less vibrant (see here: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,2188.msg18378.html#msg18378).

Do you have a photo?  Were there any other differences?  How did it otherwise taste?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:56 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline osirisrt

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 10:12 PM »
Made this one today. Turned out pretty nice, possibly the better of the ctm's ive tried in recent months. I kept half of the optional ingredients in, but left out some of the more unhealthier options :) Its almost near to my locals Ctm, but is still missing something, that i just cant put my finger on. Any ideas ? It quite a thin'ish sauce, i can taste the coconut and ground almonds to some degree, but theres something 'else' in there that adds to the sweetness, and i cant for the life of me work out what it is, short of goin into my local and threatening them for the recipe :D Any ideas ? Would something like mango syrup (from the tin), or some other 'used' sweet ingredient in curries be used ? im baffled.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Which optional ingredients did you leave in and which did you omit Osirisrt?

Welcome to cr0, by the way.

©2024 Curry Recipes