Author Topic: Ching's Secret  (Read 1544 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Ching's Secret
« on: December 14, 2020, 02:55 AM »
This probably could have gone in either the Curry or Asian section. 

I forget where I read about, or watched a video about, this but I recall it being touted as a popular range of products in India.  The item I read or watched was specifically about the Chilli Chicken.  I never expected to find it over here but on Saturday (while hunting down Kashmiri Chillis for seed) I stumbled upon these packet Masalas, so tonight I'm giving them both a try.  They are Fusion Desi-Chinese and if you want to read about it the info is on their website.

The Veg Manchurian Masala can also be prepared with Chicken Mince to make Chicken Manchurian.  I bought 2 packets of each and I've done a bit of google searching to find where I can buy these again as well as some, but not all of their product range, in the city.  I can possibly ask my local Indian Grocer if he can get these in if they turn out to be good.

https://www.chingssecret.com/recipes/fusion-recipes/chicken-chilli
https://www.chingssecret.com/recipes/chefs-favourite/veg-manchurian

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Ching's Secret
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 07:32 PM »
I didn't get to do the chilli chicken. The Veg and Chicken Manchurian are interesting.  I'm not going to rush out for more of the packet Masala but the actual balls of Vegetable and chicken mince have a lot of potential for use in other sauces.  The packet sauce isn't bad but it's just an odd flavour probably due to being lost in the fusion design.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 08:44 PM »
    I confess that I am not rushing to try these, Livo, but in the interests of science I thought that I should investigate Chicken Chilli Miracle Masala - Ching's Secret.  It contains :

• Corn Flour
    • Spices 24% (Garlic, Onion, Red Chilli, White Pepper, Ginger, Cumin, Coriander, Green Chilli)
    • Salt
    • Sugar
    • Soy Sauce Powder (Soy Bean, Wheat, Salt)
    • Tomato Powder
    • Caramel (Natural Colour E150[d])
    • Disodium 5'-Guanylate
    • Disodium 5'-Inosinate
    • (Flavour Enhancers E627, E631)
    • Xanthum Gum (Stabilising Agent E415)
    • Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking Agent E551)
    • Acetic Acid (Acidifying Agent E260)
    • Sunflower Oil.

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 10:00 PM »
Yes. A lot of the regular stuff found in packaged foods that you avoid when cooking fresh.  I just thought I'd give it a try. I don't remember where I saw it but I recall something about the Chilli Chicken on a food blog or youtube video somewhere.  It was mentioned specifically by brand and sounded positive.  Yet to try it and as I said the Manchurian is OK, but a bit odd and confused.  It has a comfortable level of Chilli though for anybody able to tolerate mildly spiced foods.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 09:24 AM »
I had the remaining Manchurian tonight. Much better than I thought when first cooked. Quite tasty and the little chilli hit is just right. Changed my mind. I'll be cooking it again.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 10:24 AM »
So if you were asked to describe the taste of the Manchurian, what would you say ?  And is it closest to Indian, Chinese, fusion, or whatever cuisine ?

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 07:30 PM »
Probably fusion Phil. It has Chinese  / Cantonese underlying flavour but there is a very Indian influence from the chilli flavour and spices.  Purely Chinese dishes with chilli are somehow different.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 08:12 PM »
Interesting.  I confess that I am not tempted, but maybe I'm just too conservative in my tastes !
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes