Author Topic: First Base Curry  (Read 1143 times)

Offline iainhamilton

• Chef
    • View Profile
First Base Curry
« on: December 18, 2020, 11:17 PM »
Hey everyone, made my very first curry using a base - turned out great, and importantly to me, was a LOT of fun to cook.

I used the Glasgow Base (or one of them, it gets a bit confusing lol), pre-cooked chicken using various methods to make about a half dozen meals. I love the adaptability of being able to whip up a madras one day, something with saag the next etc. Also made my own garlic ginger paste, which is a total time-saver.

Still looking for the elusive Glasgow curry ebook - if anyone knows where I can buy a copy please let me know!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: First Base Curry
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 08:49 AM »
Well done Iain, and once again, apologies for the delay in approving your post.  I think that, now that you have five posts to your credit, all future ones will go live without moderation.

Regarding The Glasgow Indian Takeaway Restaurant Book, by Alex Wilkie & Martin Whynot, the last place known to be distributing a copy was "the other site".  Access to the latter is behind a paywall (and cross-linking thereto regardeded as Very Bad Form by the members of this forum), but as always, Google is one's friend ...  I have about 20pp from the book as JPGs, but those pages contain only photographs, not recipes.  Otherwise try Alex himself on YouTube
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 09:32 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: First Base Curry
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 11:02 PM »
Sent you a message Iain.

©2024 Curry Recipes