Author Topic: Takeaway Closed down  (Read 6711 times)

Offline Vinda looo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Takeaway Closed down
« on: January 24, 2007, 10:36 AM »
Just thought Id let you know that one of my favourite Indian Takeaways has closed down.
There was a report in the local paper stating the health inspectors had gone in and closed it down immediately, to their horror they found cockroaches, rat droppings, cooked meats kept on same shelf as raw meat, mould on pans, walls and flooring and probably one of the most horrific things to come out of the report was they could not identify some of the meats they used. Its a real shame because their chicken vindaloo was one of the best Ive had,at least I  think it was chicken anyway.

Oops can anyone move this topic to its proper destination, Thanks
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 06:33 PM by Admin »

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Closed down
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 10:49 AM »
They H&H can usually spot back alley chicken, so maybe these guys had found another source of meat ;D ;D ;D :o

CP

Offline Vinda looo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Come to think of it I had a curry called Cat man du, which was very nice. Anyone heard of this dish, I remember there was plenty of cinnamon in it.

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Cinnamon is very good for disguising the taste of fish & mice which comes through the meat I'm told ;D ;D ;D

Offline King Prawn

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Hence my reply to another thread that any Professfional chef who is proud of their cooking will be happy to show you what they do. Only the dirty ones keep people out of the kitchens!

KP(V)

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 02:40 PM »
Actually it's a little more complicated than that KP. They shouldn't let anyone other than the chefs into the kitchen on Health and Hygiene rules. Also their insurance wouldn't cover any mishaps to the punter, should they occur.

YF

Offline King Prawn

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 04:24 PM »
YF, good point. But I still would rather eat in a place that was proud to show thier facilities than one that didn't, for the reasons in the fist post. :)

KP(V)

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 06:04 PM »
I used a 'good' curry house near me for at least 15 years 2x per week with friends - through 3 ownerships we were their best customers- until the last guy decided to put 1 dodgy chicken as part of 2x on a sizzling shashlik platter - 1x was definitely off - smelled fishy.  so he was told & advised not to pull that stunt again.  A takeaway a week later from same venue also turned into the same problem 1x good, 1x bad.  On our next visit to the restauarant - he was again warned of the experience - buggger me - again we get the same - of 2 chicken pieces 1x off 2nd ok. Never went back. Scandalous that they can think they can treat 'regulars' with contempt by serving obviously bad chicken - and then you see the tv programme on how chicken condemned as unfit for human consumption ends up being reprocessed and back in shops / restaurants.  Very false economy when you lose good, regular customers. That particular owner went bust & is now a petrol pump attendant !

Another restaurant nearby was closed down - reason - deliveries of chicken & other goods were placed in the WASTE skip in the mornings - since their was no one at the restaurant to receive them.  A complaint from a local resident lead to that one being investigated

Offline welshman2004

• Chef
    • View Profile
pre cooked paps
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 11:22 AM »
I was in my Local BIR the other night and I noticed boxes of pre - cookedd Papadams on top of a unit, there must have been about 500 + Paps in these boxes - has anyone else seen this before ?????

Cheers

Offline lorrydoo

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 04:16 PM »
One of my work colleagues' wife is an health inspector and he told me about how her department got hold of material via a hidden camera that revealed what could be the secret ingredient everyone is looking for in BIR curries!

Apparently, the Chef and his co-workers were filmed masterbating into the the ingredients.  This happened in a BIR in Middlesbrough and I do vaguely remember reading something about the place in the local paper at the time.

©2024 Curry Recipes