Author Topic: Sangam, Bowdon  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Sangam, Bowdon
« on: March 08, 2021, 12:43 PM »
This place has had a few names / owners. Last good one was Swadesh - good upmarket food & pricey - but that's the area it is located in. I have some guys I do business with who have an office close to the Sangam who have offered in the past to take me there for a meal - but it has never been the right timing & they used it and rated it.  My wife fancied an Indian takeaway in late Feb 2021 lockdown and our favourite Jai Kathmandu has shut shop - so we tried the Sangam.

Poppadoms & chutney - very good, veg samosas - thick pastry & soggy not crispy - just about passable, my wifes Hyderabadi lamb  biryani - lamb tough as old boots & very chewy - threw half of the meat away as inedible - rice bit was quite tasty. Not clever. I ordered the chefs special Handi staff chicken. No idea what this tastes like, since they didn't include it in the bag !  Rang back when we realised - apologies and come back for it.  At a 15 minute drive too far to waste half hour there & back. Offered us 2x free main courses for next time. ?35 wasted really on this so called upmarket Indian meal.

Emailed my business friend to relate my experience at the Sangam he rated so much. Reply - told me he had stopped using them - along with many other people he knows since last April when the quality of all dishes nose-dived. Thanked him for not telling me.

Based on this experience, don't think I will bother taking up the restaurants 2x free main meals - it will only be 2x disappointingly crap meals judging by what others have said & my own experience. Places like this hopefully will not survive lockdown, making way for a more deserving outlet.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Sangam, Bowdon
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 09:54 AM »
That all sounds a bit ordinary.  Cook at home.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 03:00 PM »
I usually do - and make far better food than Sangams offerings - but missus insisted on a takeaway - and regretted it as did I.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 02:14 AM »
I feel for you. Not only was the food you did get home poor, but half the dishes weren't there.  I'd have been pretty upset as I guess you are.  Doubtful they'll be around long.  The surprising thing here is that if the likes of myself can cook a BIR curry, then you'd expect someone in the business to be able to whip up something even half decent.

©2024 Curry Recipes