Author Topic: Balti with Darth's Base  (Read 1769 times)

Offline CurryLover_NZ

• Chef
    • View Profile
Balti with Darth's Base
« on: January 28, 2007, 07:00 AM »
Hi all,

I have just had my worst ever curry-making weekend, and my biggest failure to date  :-\

I came across a Balti recipe on the web: 'Brett's Balti'. The originator was from Birmingham and the recipe was based on the 'best bits' from a number of balti recipes around the net. I used to love the chicken balti at the 'Balti Walla' in Cheltenham and thought I would give this one a go. Well, - what a disaster!   

From the outset the recipe didn't seem quite right - no base sauce and a very simple list of ingredients. Anyway I gave it a go and consequently wasted an entire pack of meat. Well, not entirely true-  I did manage to make it passable, and bulk up the sauce content somewhat,  by adding a 1/2 litre bag of Darth's base sauce and some extra tomato puree. It still ended up a rather unappetising muddy grey/brown colour and tasted nothing like the Baltis I have ever invested my cash in.

Still, waste not, want not, I will no doubt attempt to do it justice with a chunk of naan later this week. My daughter has already tried a portion and was very polite about it  :D

So, my question to the forum is this: Is there a good balti recipe that I can use with Darth's base? The one I used to make had a very simple, onion-laden base, not too dissimilar to Darth's.

I love nothing better than a good curry scooped up with lots of naan bread. There are a few balti recipes on the forum, but the feedback is very light.

Your advice would be welcomed.

CL_NZ
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 07:49 AM by CurryLover_NZ »

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Balti with Darth's Base
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:44 AM »
I tend to use this one, sorry its not quiet in recipe form http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=122.0

©2024 Curry Recipes