Author Topic: Andy's Recipes  (Read 14472 times)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Andy's Recipes
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 01:57 PM »
When you say something is not quite right. Don't know what you mean?
You seem to have this thing with natco for some reason.

It's not me posting the Natco recipes on here claiming there from some chef who's had ten years in the business!

It seems that some people on here don't want to listen to the chef's in the industry, some want to be instant chef's. Life is not like that. Some people want to listen and learn.

Listen to yourself your getting worse than CP!!  Tell me oh wise one why are you taking the time to pass your years and years of expertise and knowledge on to us lesser mortals?

CP HURRY UP WITH YOUR HOUSE I NEED A REST.

Yeah hurry up CP, theres about to be a raging debate over your UCB  ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:59 PM by Curry King »

Offline Ashes

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Ck, if you were any kind of moderator youd delete your own posts! People arent interested in your personal attacks on CP and Andy!

Ashes

Offline King Prawn

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 02:56 PM »
Well said Ashes!

KP(V)

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 03:09 PM »
How are you in a position to comment on all of he's posts then?  Look through them your there every single time "biggin it up", you on his payroll or something as I can't see why else you would be doing it? 

By the way when you do get round to trying them I would give the paste a miss as it's muck  :P

cK
[/quote]

Quite simply because I am in avery good position to take a qualified viewof his recipes without tasting them because unlike you I have been an Asian cook for a lot longer than you have been on this planet.  And yes I do praise Andy, and anyone else, that provide constructive input and criticism for that matter.  As a moderator I would have expected you to set a good example on this Forum, but once again you have decsended in to trash and offence.  Maybe it is we who should be suspicious of who you really are.

I do not wish to get in a slanging match with you CK, so I will butt out of this thread.

CP

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Ck, if you were any kind of moderator youd delete your own posts! People arent interested in your personal attacks on CP and Andy!
Ashes

I wasn't personally attacking anyone, yes I called Andy's paste recipe crap but in my opinion it is.  I was probably over harsh because I have tried it before when it was called the Natco Holy Grail! 

Quite simply because I am in avery good position to take a qualified viewof his recipes without tasting them because unlike you I have been an Asian cook for a lot longer than you have been on this planet. 

LOL, I have heard it all now, don't tell me but I bet you work out how they will smell just by sniffing your keyboard  ;D

As a moderator I would have expected you to set a good example on this Forum, but once again you have decsended in to trash and offence.  Maybe it is we who should be suspicious of who you really are.

You will be sending me to the headmasters office next becuase I refuse to "listen" and "learn"  ::)

cK

Offline andy2295

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 03:55 PM »
All i can say is stuff this lot. This time i have had enough. I will comment on other peoples issues but dont have to put up with all this and not putting the time and effort into something i dont really have to.

Now its turned from crap to muck.

Accusations of Natco. Well would not give their stuff the time of day.

Someone needs to sort this out very quickly.

CP lets start a website ourselves for gods sake. I will fund it

Andy
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 05:03 PM by andy2295 »

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Accusations of Natco. Well would not give their stuff the time of day.

Andy,

Your recipe, with the exception of the tandoori masalla for colour,  is exactly the same as the Natco one.   Are you saying you won't give your stuff the time of day as well then  :D

Natco Version:
The Secret Onion Paste  (biggest secret!)

2 lge white onions, chopped finely
4 cloves garlic
3tbs vegetable oil
Pinch of cumin
Pinch of cinnamon

Place raw onion and garlic into blender.  Add enough water to come about halfway up the side of the blender and blend until WELL smoothed.

Heat the oil in a pan on a high heat, adding the mixture (it will spit!!!)

Reduce this down until it gets drier then add the spices and continue frying until it turns into what looks a bit like bread dough.  This may take some time but is worth it for the final taste!  Be careful not to burn this as it will be ruined.  Taste the finished product ? tastes almost ?soapy? ? remind you of anything familiar?

Andy's version:
6 spanish onions, chopped finely
12 cloves garlic, chopped finely
150ml sunflower oil
3 chefs pinches of cumin
3 chefs pinches of cinnamon
3 tablespoons of TRS tandoori massala powder
3 tablespoons of tomato paste

The raw onion and garlic are placed into a blender and water is added to about halfway up the side of the blender. The contents are blended until the mixture is well smoothed.

Place the oil in a pan and heat on a high heat till near smoking. Add the blended mixture. Be careful as it will spit back at you.
Quickly stir the mixture around in the oil. Reduce the heat down. As we do this on a gas cooker controlling the heat is easy. If you are using an electric hob you will know best about controlling the heat.
You have to keep stirring now regularly. Add the cumin, cinnamon, tandoori masala powder, and the tomato paste.
STIR IN WELL.
The idea now is to fry very slowly while the water is evaporated off. Not easy the first time you do this but the aroma is superb.

Keep stirring very regularly. The paste is ready when no virtually no steam is being evaporated off and the paste resembles soft bread dough.

Offline andy2295

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 04:15 PM »
yes as you dont know the source of it.

Andy

Offline After8

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Andy, Once again I would ask you not to stop posting. A few people who have decided to try and discredit you and have been unsuccessful - witness the number of folk who've splashed out on pans, spices and other gear, and are in the process of trying to follow your recipes. It would be a big let -down to us

No doubt, someone else will come along one day, with similar experience, and they'll get the same treatment.  If that?s is the case then there is always going to be a limit to how far things can progress. Maybe there are those who feel that, if we did crack it, then the future of the site would be in jeopardy! Who Knows.

A8

Offline andy2295

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 04:19 PM »
I will re-phrase that.

What we do in business has nothing to do with anyone else. If we supply information to a third party that is our business. If we dont that is our business. That is all i have to say on the matter. End of story

Andy

©2024 Curry Recipes