Author Topic: Another Asian / bir channel.  (Read 5641 times)

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Another Asian / bir channel.
« on: April 30, 2021, 06:20 PM »
Check this out, some members might like. https://youtu.be/NG1_SM5hJs4

Regards Pap rika

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Another Asian / bir channel.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 07:41 PM »
"Am I an authority on cooking BR? Not really"  :cute:

Fair play on owning up to selling ready meals though.

(Thanks for the heads up though, pap rika.)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 09:36 PM »
That would be Rich/loveitspicy once of this parish?

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 04:29 AM »
Sheet, is it really?! He hasn't posted for four years, at least he's OK. Although gutted at selling his business; I wonder why? Perhaps it was to a bigger firm who ripped the personality out of it?

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Another Asian / bir channel..
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 07:18 AM »
It's great to hear that Rik/Rich/Loveitspicy is still on the go! He was an interesting character on the Forum and always posted decent recipes. I still use his Doner-in-a-tin recipe and method and, coincidentally, dinner tonight is Rik's excellent Honey and Black Pepper Beef.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 06:30 PM »
Yo Naga, unfortunately
Code: [Select]
http://Honey and Black Pepper Beef isn't yet a URL  :)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 11:15 AM »
The planet Earth has become a very small BIR space.  I notice in the comments on Rik's video that a member here has made reference to "Statler and Waldorf" and the forum. Phil, we know your in the mix but are you the one on the left or the right?  Its a question mark over me and George for the other spot.  :smiling eyes: :smiling eyes:

I can only find 2 uses of this term in the forum.  One by the commenter referring to George, and one by another grumpy member referring to me.  I'm guessing that I'm in the clear and the reference is to George. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got a thick skin so I don't really give a toss either way, but I always love reading back over the related historical posts when something like this comes up.  You read some interesting things when you do. One thread using the term is devoted to a book spamming false alarm that saw another prolific youtuber disengage from the forum pretty quickly. It's interesting to read the very last post from the above-mentioned grumpy member.  Oh well. Life is full of contradictions.

It also prompted me to enjoy some youtube clips of said Muppet hecklers.  I love them so I'll take it as a compliment in any case.  There is also the baby heckler so perhaps there's scope for all 3 of us.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DX6I_dKUYyI4&ved=2ahUKEwim5bbBp63wAhUzzTgGHTitBCYQwqsBMBR6BAg5EAE&usg=AOvVaw1L42WZ9UH_tbGCF3aQF9Da

Anyway, I look forward to Rik's future videos. I already have plans to try his Crispy Pork Belly.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 11:33 AM by livo »

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 11:25 AM »
He just posted a video of his version of a base sauce. I see he also uses chicken carcasses, and he claims a controversial ingredient, tomato ketchup ???. Here's the link.https://youtu.be/jhLgQfY--CA.

Regards Pap rika.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 11:44 AM »
Ketchup is a funny one. Heinz has lots of sugar in the form of much maligned corn syrup.  Still, things that taste good aren't always good for you.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 11:45 AM »
The planet Earth has become a very small BIR space.  I notice in the comments on Rik's video that a member here has made reference to "Statler and Waldorf" and the forum. Phil, we know your in the mix but are you the one on the left or the right?  Its a question mark over me and George for the other spot. 

I haven't [yet] read any of the comments, but now feel obliged to do so ...

I can only find 2 uses of this term in the forum.  One by the commenter referring to George, and one by another grumpy member referring to me.  I'm guessing that I'm in the clear and the reference is to George.

I've got a thick skin so I don't really give a toss either way, but I always love reading back over the related historical posts when something like this comes up.  You read some interesting things when you do. One thread using the term is devoted to a book spamming false alarm that saw another prolific youtube disengage from the forum. Interesting to read the very last post from the same said grumpy member.  Oh well. Life is full of contradictions.

I think that both you and I and George and I have been referred to as "Statler and Waldorf" at different times, Livo, and by different people, and George and I have also been referred to as "Jimmy [Saville] and Rolf [Harris]", but all the while critical comments on recipes are regarded as more detrimental to the forum than personal insults, the latter will continue to bring discredit to the site and the forum into disrepute.

It also prompted me to enjoy some youtube clips of said Muppet hecklers.  I love them so I'll take it as a compliment in any case.  There is also the baby heckler so perhaps there's scope for all 3 of us.  Anyway, I look forward to Rik's future videos. I already have plans to try his Crispy Pork Belly.

I was very pleased to receive an e-mail from Rik today, and I have replied saying how sorry I was that he was forced to sell his "Curry Nights" business, wishing him every success in starting a new business if that is his aim.  Unlike some, Rik comes across as a very modest fellow, and it was a great pleasure to hear from him.  As to crispy pork belly, I am embarrassed to admit that my wife's version is better than mine, so I now leave it to her to cook that particular dish !

** Phil.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:47 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

©2024 Curry Recipes