Author Topic: Good Food Indian Takeaway, Norwich.  (Read 4387 times)

Offline naga dave

• Chef
    • View Profile
Good Food Indian Takeaway, Norwich.
« on: February 20, 2007, 08:26 PM »
  An interesting one, this. Dosen't appear to be Bangladeshi run. Dishes don't  have the flavour / smell, but are excellent quality restaurant currys of heroic proportions. My chicken phall fills a 500 ml. container. Extra portion of phall sauce fills another 500 ml. container. My wife's lamb chilli masala or jeera lamb fills another. Pilau rice fills a standard [350 ml.] container. All this, plus 2 keema nan and 1 plain nan, ?15.40 delivered.

Offline HOTRING

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Good Food Indian Takeaway, Norwich.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 05:41 PM »
I haven't tried that one where is it?
My fave restaurant is "The passage to India" Magdalen St (under the flyover)& for take a ways I use the shah zahan waterloo rd

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 07:56 PM »
I used to live in Norwich whilst working on a development there.
I used a really good curry house (take-away) but cannot remember the name of the place. I came out of Neville Street, where I had a flat, turned right onto the main road and it was in a little parade of shops about a mile away near a Bakers, Chinese and a general grocers amongst others.

I drank in the Rose and had to pass this place on the way home so no chance of me passing without getting a curry after a half dozen pints or more.

Offline naga dave

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 06:21 PM »
The Good Food Takeaway is in Unthank Road.[It used to be the Halal Meat Co.{!}]

I agree that Shah Zahan, Waterloo Road, when on form [which is almost always] is unbeatable for standard curries. [ Vindaloo, Jhal Frezi, etc.] Most veg side dishes excellent, too, but I wouldn't bother with their tandoori. Their dishes have changed very little since they opened around 1990.
    Incidentally, this one, unlike the Good Food, produces the smell / flavour in abundance!

D.

Offline naga dave

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 03:08 PM »
  UPDATE.

Shah Zahan appears to have joined the rest and jumped on the 'Blandwagon.' After around fifteen years of fantastic currys this is a real loss.
                                D.

©2024 Curry Recipes