Author Topic: Yummefy Asian restaurant, Birmingham, AL  (Read 6357 times)

Online bhamcurry

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Yummefy Asian restaurant, Birmingham, AL
« on: June 18, 2021, 06:50 PM »
Putting this in talk about rather than reviews for reasons that will quickly become clear.

I called them to make sure they had food I can eat - folks, food allergies suck - and it turns out all their curries are safe for me (no wheat). They call themselves "Asian" as they do some stir fries, Szechuan style stuff, as well as curry.

https://www.yummefybirmingham.com/menus/#curry

I was tempted by both the Massaman and the Vindaloo, but as I make Vindaloo at home I went for the Massaman. Mrs ordered the mango chicken curry.

I tasted both. And I could tell they were - ta-daa! - using the same base gravy in both curries. They were different, but both had the same underlying flavour. I would probably never have picked up on that without all my messing around with base gravy recipes from here. That was an interesting revelation!

(Nice side note. For a small restaurant with a small number of draft taps, maybe half of them - 5 or 6 - were local craft beer, the rest the larger national or expected international brands. Remarkable for a small restaurant, maybe a couple of dozen tables.)

©2024 Curry Recipes