Author Topic: Another noob  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Fatha

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Another noob
« on: February 22, 2007, 01:55 PM »
Hello all

I thought it's only polite that I joined the forum and thanked everyone for what I've already got out of this site. Indian food is something I always eat a lot of but have never really tried cooking, until last weekend!

Being a professional throw it in the microwave and set the timer type cook I did find it a bit overwhelming just reading through the FAQ's at first but couldn't resist the lure of actually trying to make my own BIR type curry, and the enthusiasm that people show on these forums just egs you along all the more.

I opted for the curry guzzlers base sauce and had a go at the Chicken Tikka Massala for my first attempt which went pretty well, although I'm not really a big massala eater I wanted the mrs to try my first attempt and maybe give me a better idea of where to improve. I'm going to try a nice madras this weekend as the slightly hotter currys are more my kind of thing so I'll let you know how it goes, I can see that beginners section getting a bit of a hammering for a while until I get my head around things.

Thanks again everyone, I hope that I'll be able to contribute in a similar way somewhere down the line.

Fatha

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Another noob
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Welcome Fatha,

Glad to see you joined up, we now have a section for new joiners to ask questions and your more than welcome to ask away, http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?board=31.0

Welcome aboard

Stew. 8)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:22 PM »
Welcome aboard  8)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Welcome Fatha,   8)

Which Chicken Tikka Masala recipe did you use?  What did you think of it?  Perhaps we can help you improve it?  Anyway, we look forward to your future contributions!  Enjoy!  8)

Regards,

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Welcome to this great forum!  Don't leave it too long before reporting back after your next attempt.  CQ

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:00 PM »
Welcome Fatha, its all here my friend so enjoy....... ;D

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 11:46 AM »