Author Topic: My base sauce variation + Step by Step Pics  (Read 19040 times)

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: My base sauce variation + Step by Step Pics
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Nice set of pictures onion.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 03:34 AM »
Welcome and thanks for sharing your recipes and photos with us Onion  8)

Regards,

Offline CurryLover_NZ

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 07:13 AM »
Onion,

great post and really great piccies - thanks !

The base sauce looks really good and I can imagine it stands on its own as a nice dippin' gravy.

I am getting to the end of my last lot of Darth's base (which is superb) and so will give yours a go next time.

No doubt the regulars here will give you some good feedback.

CL_NZ

Offline onion

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 07:53 AM »
Onion,

I am getting to the end of my last lot of Darth's base (which is superb) and so will give yours a go next time.

CL_NZ
Hi Curry Lover

Thank you for your kind words, I do hope you give it a try. One thing to mention, some onions contain more liquid than others, if you find the finished base a bit too thick for you, just thin it down with some water whilst blending.

Regards

Offline stargazer

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 03:59 AM »
Onion...looks delicious! What size tins for Tomato Soup? Here they have 3 diff sizes. What type of oil?

thnx

Offline onion

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 07:52 AM »
Onion...looks delicious! What size tins for Tomato Soup? Here they have 3 diff sizes. What type of oil?

thnx

Hello Stargazer
I use the 200gm tins or you could use one 400gm tin, the oil I use is called again and again, it is a cholesterol free oil available from Tesco, but I guess any oil will do, I have used goundnut oil as well. I try to get one that is as healthy as I can.
I hope this helps.

Onion

Offline stargazer

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 06:21 PM »
Onion, 1/2 pint of oil ...assume this is imperial - approx 19 ounces of oil or about 473 ml? Seems like a lot of oil. what's your total finished output of sauce?. If I read recipe correct you don't water it down at all?

thnx.... I will try this soon.

Offline onion

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 08:01 AM »
Onion, 1/2 pint of oil ...assume this is imperial - approx 19 ounces of oil or about 473 ml? Seems like a lot of oil. what's your total finished output of sauce?. If I read recipe correct you don't water it down at all?

thnx.... I will try this soon.

Hi Stargazer
The oil is important to the finished taste, when you make your final dish you can skim off the oil if you want to, in another of my posts you will find a recipe for a King Prawn Madras which has a picture of the finished dish.

The measurement of oil is imperial, you are correct I do not water it down, the tomato soup and tinned tomato's make up enough liquid, however, sometimes I find that the water content of onions varies depending on how long the retailer/producer has stored them for, if you find the finished base is a little thick then by all means add a little water.

Regards
Onion

Offline stargazer

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 05:35 PM »
Thnx onion. My original calcs were incorrect. should be about 10 ounces not 19 of oil! That sounds better :D

Offline Mrmelkor

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 05:20 AM »
Onion i grew up in south afria, i now live in the US, but ive always craved the curry and such from my childhood in south africa. i spend a day making your base curry and i just want to say its wonderfull. its a great base that i can start all sorts of star dishes from. Thank you!

©2024 Curry Recipes