Author Topic: 25 wasted years!  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Mr Madras

• Chef
    • View Profile
25 wasted years!
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:02 AM »
For the past twenty five years one of my favourite hobbies has been cooking Indian food, and during that time I have amassed dozens of books on the subject. The results I have experienced could mostly be described as satisfactory, but never have I produced anything like the quality of meal usually experienced in a decent restaurant. No longer.

Having stumbled upon this site literally by accident last weekend, I have discovered an online resource that puts the recipe books to shame. What a site!

Being a lover of fiery curries I decided that I would give the chicken vindaloo recipe (Vindaloo 2) from Curry King a go. So yesterday I went to my local Indian grocers armed with my shopping list, then on to the off-licence for the obligatory supply of beer!

After a very enjoyable time spent dilligently following CK's recipe, cooking the curry and drinking the beer, I sat down with my wife and son to enjoy the result. And what a result! This was without doubt the best curry I have ever made, and I would go so far as to say it would even challenge our local restaurant!  :o

I froze the spare gravy and can't wait for Friday night when I shall be trying a variation of CK's recipe, maybe adding some sliced fresh green chillis from the grocers and a couple of whole habaneroes from my own crop (another hobby of mine).

So a massive thanks to Curry Recipes Online!

Barry

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: 25 wasted years!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 11:02 AM »
Hi Barry,

Great stuff glad it worked out alright,  come back and let us know how it goes next time.

Also welcome to the site  8)

cK

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 12:18 PM »
Welcome Mr Madras,

Firstly Thanks for the Donation, I have upgraded your profile.
Secondly, welcome to the site, i really hope you get a lot out of it, remember the team here are more than willing to help so any questions just ask away.

Welcome on board.

Stew

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 08:15 PM »
Hi Mr Madras,

Well I guess you won't be wasting anymore of your time now that you have found us!  Welcome and enjoy every moment of this wonderful forum.  CQ

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 08:20 PM »
Hi Mr madras,  ;) I know the feeling well, spent the same amount of time trying to cook a half decent curry myself. Thanks to this site and all its members a door has opened to a wealth of knowledge. welcome aboard....... ;D

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 08:44 AM »
Hi Mr madras
No need to buy anymore books, sell them on ebay and enjoy the site ;D

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Hi mr Madras hope you enjoy the site.

Offline jane

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 02:02 PM »
Hi

Just tryed your Base Gravy Recipe and it was delicious!  There's enough in the freezer for months!

Cheers

©2024 Curry Recipes