Author Topic: darth korma!  (Read 3100 times)

Offline onion gadgie

• Chef
    • View Profile
darth korma!
« on: March 15, 2007, 08:04 PM »
hi all,new to the site so this is really my first post outwith of introducing myself made a korma as it was my sons birthday and he likes it mild so i am going to give a run down of how it went.........here is what i used and it turned out excellent better than some so called restaurants but not as good as others

DARTHS CURRY BASE SAUCE(when i made it i left out the chilli as i was hoping to adapt it for various recipes)600ml
next up I just linked the base sauce with ghannas korma recipe and added the following
3/4 tin evaporated milk
150g cream coconut(block type)
ground almonds(handful)
about 100ml single cream(not in ghannas but i thought it was a little heavy with so much evaporated milk this changed the consistency)
salt to taste

This turned out a really good dish  and would recommend it to others if they fancy a taste of the mild side all i would say is careful with the evaporated milk and creamed coconut as some people like it sweeter than others i would recommend adding bit at a time to get it the way you like it.
thanks to darth and ghanna for a good dinner.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: darth korma!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Your happy , I'm happy, excellent, glad it turned out so well.
All the best.

.....DARTHPHALL..... 8)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: darth korma!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 10:01 AM »
1st Vindaloo

Many thanks for your korma recipe (on the Madras thread). I look forward to trying it and should be grateful if you would clarify the following points:

>The ratio that mimics my local is 3/2
Do you mean to mix 3 parts coconut powder to 2 parts ground almond powder, and then add this bit by bit to the evaporated milk until it replicates the required taste? But can you identify the required taste from these 3 items alone, cold?

>Use tenderised coconut
What is this, please? Is it the same as coconut powder or coconut flour?

Regards
George

©2024 Curry Recipes