Author Topic: chicken tikka masala  (Read 18689 times)

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: chicken tikka masala
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 08:38 AM »
Dear George
thank you for your comment.
GOD bless you
Because of my position i prefer to remain anonymous.but i am not from the middle east.
i hope that you are going to understand .
thank you
ghanna

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 09:37 AM »
Ghanna

Thank you for your reply. I was unsure about asking and I absolutely respect your wish to remain anonymous.

Regards
George

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 08:22 PM »
hi, all
any one tried any of these two recipes ?
thanks
ghanna

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 07:54 PM »
hi,all
i just finished a  chicken tikka masala, i followed MARK J idea of  adding creamed coconut to the curry . it was fantastic, it made it more creamy and gave it a nice not over powering coconut taste.
please try it.
thanks
ghanna

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 10:38 PM »
hi,all
last time when i went inside the restaurant kitchen i noticed some thing called   UHT cream in a papper box, it look like the fresh orange juice boxes.
when i asked about it no one seems to know any thing about the word UHT.
if any one know what does it stand for ,please come back and tell me.
they use it in  Chicken tikka masala, Korma and  pasanda , they told me that this UHT cream make the curry more creamy and smooth and it is cheaper than the tinned evaporated milk.
by the way this UHT cream can stay in its box at room temperature but if you open the box you need to use it within  two days.
thanks
ghanna

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2005, 11:17 PM »
Ghanna = UHT Could be uht milk (ultra heat treatment) it keeps for ages due to the heating ect.. hope this helps  ;)

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005, 11:56 AM »
hi,Darthphall
thank you
you really helped , saved me going through different books and  surfing in the internet
i will use it next time
thanks
ghanna

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Hi, All
I kept thinking why don't i smell that awful odour in the restaurant chicken tikka masala, despite it is not cooked the way that i described in the other thread ,i.e it is  not boiled .
I phoned the  kitchen staff ,this is what he said :
Yogurt is a great odour eater.
He  encouraged me to do this test, take the chicken  away from the marinade  after keeping it in the marinade for at least 24 hours ,then  boil this marinade and try to smell it or tasted ,it is full of this awful odour.
Because of that most of the chefs asking people to through this marinade  away and never to re-use it.  As well it is full of bacteria
I am going to fellow his advice and try the marinade recipe that he gave me today and see what is the result.My main concern at the moment is the odour
I hope that this information will help you all.
thanks
ghanna

Offline quinnto

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Hi  Ghanna

I know you asked for cream but here is the description for milk... it is the same process.

"UHT milk is fresh milk, which has been processed with a technology called UHT (Ultra High Temperature). The UHT treatment ensures maximum microbic inactivation, while preserving the maximum flavor, taste, and nutritional value. The aseptic packaging system protects the product from air and light and guarantees long shelf life without the need for refrigeration"

I sometimes work in very remote places where fresh milk and cream cannot be obtained because everything must be flown in.  If you bring in cases of UHT via ship it is much cheaper and you always have it on hand.  It does not have to be kept chilled until it is opened.  I hope this helps.

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Dear Quinnto
Thank you very much
You really helped
GOD bless you

©2024 Curry Recipes