Author Topic: Dilwar's Kitchen  (Read 2716 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Dilwar's Kitchen
« on: July 04, 2021, 01:19 AM »
Apart from the fact that this is not in English and he doesn't provide ingredient listing, I found this to be an interesting video on yet another BIR Restaurant Style Base Gravy.  This chef clearly missed the bit about Base Gravy being lightly spiced.  He includes a very healthy quantity of green chillis, some chilli powder, mixed powder and another spice powder I'll have to try to identify but the real surprise is in the amount of spices he strains out of the boiled pot of water.  I think it is coconut block goes in as well but not sure yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6EOcdkO_lg

I've watched his Mixed Powder and Balti Lamb Chops videos already as well.

Edit:  It is coconut cream (I think). I don't know what the spice powder is that he adds directly after the salt.  For the boiled Garam Masala I can hear these spices mentioned, Tej Patta, Dalchini, Elaichi and Panch Phoron. I think there are others that I can't hear or understand and it appears to have Cumin Seed (unless it is the fennel from the Panch Phoron but it looks a considerable amount).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 11:02 AM by livo »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Dilwar's Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 09:26 AM »
I am not normally a cynical person, so I would like to ask "am I alone in finding most of the comments to Dilwar's Kitchen "Indian Retaurant Style Base Gravy" improbable, artificial, and almost entirely unrelated to the video ?  How many people use "yummy" as an adjective on a daily basis ?  How can anyone "want to have a bite" of a base gravy ?  Was it really "beautifully prepared and presented" ?  It looks to me as if 98%+ of the comments were simply churned out by a comments factory and have no connection with the video whatsoever.
--
** Phil.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 01:51 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 10:31 AM »
You could be right Phil.  I can't say I read them thoroughly. I scanned through quickly to see if there were any other requests for ingredients.  What did strike me was that the comments were in English when the video isn't.  Well, many of them are anyway. I don't know much about this guy or where he is so it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Then again, if you click on the actual commenters and check their own individual Youtube content there is an extensive amount to choose from.  A very elaborate ruse if it is one.

Another surprising thing is that every comment appears to have been replied to with thanks. That's a lot of effort. Maybe it's a Pakistani thing and it appears that yummy is used a lot.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 11:37 AM by livo »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 02:08 PM »
My gut feeling is that it is some sort of youtube "mutual admiration society", all members of which have agreed to add a positive (but canned) comment to every video posted by a fellow member.  Almost all of the comments are by youtube members with their own channel, and when you look at the comments on their channel you see the same names, the same type of comments, etc.  "Publishers' puff" taken to a whole new level ...
--
** Phil

©2024 Curry Recipes