Author Topic: Beer, Lager, Wine or Water?  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Beer, Lager, Wine or Water?
« on: May 19, 2007, 02:20 PM »
What's your preferred tipple to slurp on with your curries?

For me, it has to be an ice-cold Belgian lager ;D (I've never found a wine that actually compliments a nice curry :-\ but I'm willing to struggle on in my tireless search hehehe)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:28 PM by Dominatrixxx »

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Beer, Lager, Wine or Water?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Hi Dominatrixxx,  ;) I do enjoy a curry after a few ice cold lagers, especially if we have gone out to a pub before popping to the BIR. If I am at home I normally have a couple of tinnies while I am cooking. Not much of a wine person myself but each to his/her own.....

All the best.... ;D

Offline Paul-B

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 08:01 AM »
I quite often drink chilled white wine with my curries. Needs to be full-bodied and flavourful, so an Oz Chardonnay is just perfect. Avoid the more "astringent" grape varieties, French Vin du Table is definitely *not* the way to go.

I've yet to find a red which complements a curry, maybe a decent Rioja might do the trick but I'd not waste a good one by trying it.

Like the others, I like a good Belgian beer with my curry, I buy a few cases of Leffe and/or Grimbergen when I go to France and keep a dozen bottles in the fridge.

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 07:27 PM »
I'm not into red wines so a rioja would be no use to me lol but I do like a slurp of a nice white every now and again ;) (can't beat a good sancerre when the kids have gone to bed ;D )   I'll have a go with an Aussie chard as you suggested :) Thanks Paul ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes