Author Topic: Pacman's/Pete's Naan Recipe  (Read 10763 times)

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pacman's/Pete's Naan Recipe
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 08:35 PM »
you know i cant remember seeing this post! this is the next naan bread recipe to try

I missed it first time,I'm glad I spotted it-my naan breads were spot on using this recipe(and I've tried quite a few!) Hope you have as much success as I did.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 06:54 AM »
I'm struck by how similar this recipe is to H4ppy-Chris's new naan recipe which is all the rage now. The flour to liquid ratio is almost the same (assuming you end up with left over liquid as this recipe states) and the core method of mix>rest>fridge overnight>balls>roll out & cook is the same.

Chris's recipe has more baking powder and massively more sugar (but from comments seems some are already scaling back the sugar when they make Chris's, so which recipe is better?) and this has been right here on the forum since 2007! Kinda vindicates the quality of the original research from pacman doesn't it? Also JB who has been saying for years that this is the real deal.

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 12:09 PM »
Yes the recipes are very similar indeed.The resting periods seem to be the key to the success.The original recipe was kind of tucked away and was probobly misssed by most people.I'm glad I found it,just have to try Chris' recipe now.

©2024 Curry Recipes