Author Topic: "Shish Mahal" Tandoori Chicken Marinade (from Haldi)  (Read 10075 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: "Shish Mahal" Tandoori Chicken Marinade (from Haldi)
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 12:38 PM »
only if I could do stripy chicken tikka Phil  ;D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 12:44 PM »
Mustard Oil - Effects on health

The effects of erucic acid from edible oils on human health are controversial.

I'm still not sure I'd risk consuming anything from a bottle which is clearly marked as "'not for human/internal consumption." Even if the prompt for the written warning is a debatable EU law, it probably means they don't need to try very hard with hygiene conditions and other aspects of the production process. Spill some on the floor? Scoop it up and tip it back in the tub! If you became ill because of something like traces of rat urine being found in the oil, I doubt if you'd get very far with a claim for problems after internal consumption.

Is the above posting, my latest negative comment? Probably. The positive spin would be to simply say 'Go for it - we all die eventually.'

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 12:54 PM »
George,

You could be correct with your assumptions on how much care is taken in the production process.  However, I would suggest the the production process is exactly the same as it is for the "edible stuff", the difference being, the labelling. 

If the product is going to Asia, Africa it will be labelled without the warning, and if it's going to the EU, USA and the like, it will be labelled with the warning!

To be honest, mustard oil is quite a disgusting ingredient without any of the health implications.  I used to add it to my mint sauce, and thought it ok, until one day when I'd run out, and so made a batch without it.  The mint sauce was much much better, and the mustard oil never got used again.

Ray :)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 03:53 PM »

Is the above posting, my latest negative comment? Probably. The positive spin would be to simply say 'Go for it - we all die eventually.'
[/quote]

i never knew you had a sense of humour george

happy new year to you   :P

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Mustard Oil - Effects on health

The effects of erucic acid from edible oils on human health are controversial.

I'm still not sure I'd risk consuming anything from a bottle which is clearly marked as "'not for human/internal consumption."

I saw some Vodka when I was In Poland that had that on the bottle, but I'm still here!!!  ;D lol

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 05:33 PM »
I saw some Vodka when I was In Poland that had that on the bottle, but I'm still here!!!  ;D lol

Ah yes, but you only saw it, you didn't try drinking it !  (I assume it was Zubrowka, "Bison (grass) vodka", clearly intended for consumption only by rampant zubry !)

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes