Author Topic: What's your worst "aprez curry" incident?  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
What's your worst "aprez curry" incident?
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:35 PM »
Having had one of the worst experiences after a take-away this weekend (I'm still sitting on frozen peas as I type :o LOL) it led me to wonder, since we all think we know what a great curry is, what's the worst you've ever had and how bad were the after-effects?

Everybody has a bad curry story, what's yours? 8) ;D

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: What's your worst "aprez curry" incident?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:30 AM »
I used to always ask for the hottest curries
I'm afraid I was a typical bloke
When the pubs closed (10.30pm) we often ended up at the curry house
One time I wanted a chicken phall
The waiter seemed concerned, and tried to dissauade me (so why do they sell it?)
But he failed, I ate it, then ordered another one straight away
The next day, it was as though my insides had turned to molten lead
I can still feel the pain, thirty years later
I don't know exactly how many times I had to rush to the loo
But I do remember going back to the toilet, only a few seconds after I had just been.

So boys and girls :-
                     Listen to the waiter if he warns you
                     (and doen't do it twice over either)

Offline moggy

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 02:47 AM »
Yep Haldi, been there done that, bought the t-shirt! In my local curry places there was a curry called a Tindaloo with similar side effects to your Phall. Four of us had ended up chowing down on a Tindaloo each after leaving the pub and then we piled into my mates car for the trip home. Unfortunately we lived about an hours drive away and before we made it home the curry started working its wicked way. Let's just say that the four of us took turns over the next few days scrubbing the car out to try and get rid of the smell! The things young blokes put themselves through to boost the ego. ::)

Offline Spencerman

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 08:13 PM »
Well, my worst aprez curry incident happened a few years back when I was working a job in Manchester.  I had travelled all day to get there, leaving at 8am and arriving about 6pm.  I hadnt had time for lunch on the journey, and trust me when I say this, next time FLY.  Once I arrived we went to the job and was shown around, a task that took about an hour.  We then went for a couple of beers.  Now I swear, I only had about 3 pints, and not wanting to sound like a brag, I can usually handle around 10, so I was a bit distressed when we decided to go for a curry afterwards, and I was feeling rather queesy. 
  We arrived in the curry house, I do not know the name, and were seated right opposite a rotating fan.  This simple action did nothing to improve how I felt, only making me worse.  After ordering and eyeing up a couple of birds at an adjacent table, I familiarised myself with the toilet, just in case.  The food arrived, and was very nice, but I didnt get past a couple of mouthfuls.  I had to excuse myself rather fast and make a mad dash for the loo.  Once there, to my horror someone was in the cubicle, and by the time that I had even concidered the urinal it was too late.  I believe that the waiter got the rest of my party and they retrieved me from hanging off the urinal, after having vomited over pretty much everything in the toilet.
  My embarrasment doesnt end there.  They called a cab, and I recall some of what happened.  No sooner had we got in the cab, than I had to pull over, and was being sick over some poor sods wall.  My colleagues at least had the decency to get my curry turned into a take away at least.  It doesnt end there though, although this is the last thing that I remember. 
  I awake in a field.  I have no idea where I am.  I have been in Manchester for less than 24 hours and do not even know where I am staying.  About 100yrds away is a main road though, and there are some sort of group of school kids coming along.  I am naked.  In a field in the middle of nowhere with an approaching school, naked.  I also had one hell of a headache.  Eventually I manage to hide myself from sight and find my way back to where I was staying, although dont ask me how.  I did get to finish my curry and it was rather nice, and although I dont think that the curry played much of a part of what happened, and I also dont think it was the alcohol, I personally think I was slipped something else, at the very least it does make for a rather amusing story now in hindsight, and it was aprez curry.
  I do not know where the curry house was or what it was called, and I am sorry if it was your wall that I was sick over, but it was still a nice curry the next day.

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 07:53 AM »
Great story!
That's going to take some beating!!
Anyone else?

©2024 Curry Recipes