Author Topic: Indian Food Made Easy?  (Read 5022 times)

Offline Gareth

• Chef
    • View Profile
Indian Food Made Easy?
« on: August 11, 2007, 12:22 PM »
I have episodes 4 and 5 of Indian Food Made Easy (BBC2) but I missed episodes 1 to 3. Is there an online source for episodes 1 to 3? I have episodes 4 and 5 in wmv format.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Food Made Easy?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 03:36 PM »
If you email the files to me admin@cr0.co.uk i can upload them to the site for all to view if you like.
Depends how big the files are.

Welcome aboard.
Stew

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 08:49 PM »
They're available on the "alt.binaries.multimedia.cooking" newsgroup

Offline Gareth

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 07:39 PM »

Yes, but it's a pain to download them - and the lifespan is limited for most servers.

I've been using a number of Vista hacks to use BBC iPlayer but I now find that the license is being rejected - back to Vista I guess. I'll try to get my act together tonight and provide the files for download (can't remember the exact size but they're pretty large).

Offline Gareth

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 07:51 PM »
If you email the files to me admin@cr0.co.uk i can upload them to the site for all to view if you like.
Depends how big the files are.

Welcome aboard.
Stew

Thanks!

The file sizes are 178 meg and 198 meg - i.e. too big for email!

Is there somewhere I could upload them to?

Gareth.

Offline Gareth

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 08:01 PM »

Yes, but it's a pain to download them - and the lifespan is limited for most servers.

I've been using a number of Vista hacks to use BBC iPlayer but I now find that the license is being rejected - back to Vista I guess. I'll try to get my act together tonight and provide the files for download (can't remember the exact size but they're pretty large).

Sorry - meant to say "back to XP I guess". The BBC iPlayer can be made to work with Vista but you need to fiddle with the registry settings (easy) and the DRM license directory (deleting it and reinstalling if you encounter a problem).

Anyway, the files are ready to go if someone can offer a place to upload them to?

Episode 4 is better than episode 5. I missed the first 3 episodes (although I did catch the majority of episode 3 - the health farm chef who was reluctantly willing to try to introduce Indian food to the menu for his elite clients). Of the ones I did see I would say that episode 4 is by far the best.

Fwiw, I didn't like the passing comment in episode 5 about cooking lobsters alive (even Gordon Ramsay has an electrocution machine in his restaurants); the reference to halal meat in the last episode also caused me some jitters (she doesn't mention that the UK is almost unique in allowing unstunned halal and kosher slaughter and she did seem to be promoting halal butchery - a little odd perhaps for a hindu). In short she doesn't seem to care about the ethics of meat supply and preparation - and this at a time when most mainstream chefs are emphasising the need for animal welfare concerns to be a central part of cooking.

Still, she has a clear skill in presenting the technical issues in an accessible way and the videos really are well worth watching.

Gareth.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 10:25 AM »
Yep i think they may be to big for the server to put on there.
If you hae a diret link then post that up

Thanks,
Stew

©2024 Curry Recipes