Author Topic: Off topic thread  (Read 11335 times)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Off topic thread
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 10:00 PM »
I got banned  :o

I'm not surprised going off your previous post. Stand in the corner and repeat 100 times, ' I must not have an opinion'

Anyway, I'm sure everyone will agree that you're always welcome here and you can say what you want without getting the strap (unless you swear).  :)

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:25 AM by Gav Iscon »

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Absolutely outrageous.
I have reported your post.

To the moderator.

Oh (******by...)!!! ;)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:47 AM by Onions »

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 06:30 PM »
A fluffy one Phil  ::)

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Big curry night for ABF- The soldiers charity
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 06:47 PM »
what sort of a coat does an Afghan shepherd have ?

** Phil.

The same one his dad wore fighting the Russians :D

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 02:30 PM »
Who was the 1st to use cabbage on this wonderful site ;D

He Who Must Not Be Named mooted it as an idea in 2008, and shortly afterwards Haldi stated that he had tried it, amongst many many other things.

2005 is the earliest reference that I can find on this forum from Pete.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Arguments
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 03:43 PM »
my use of the word 'argument' was intended to mean 'a reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory'

It is difficult, not to say impossible, to see how "what was the most productive, not the most used" can conceivably be interpreted as 'a reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory', yet that is exactly what you claimed the argument to be be in your earlier post :

The argument was what was the most productive, not the most used.

Thus I continue to believe that your original use of "argument" was as implied in my earlier message, and not as you would now seek to claim.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 04:42 PM »
Your 'argument' was that because everyone uses base and only some make naans, JBs base thread was more productive. That was  where  the word argument came in, and the definition of it is relevant.

Case over; go and 'argue' with someone else now :)

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 04:56 PM »
...about resizing images perhaps  ;)  LOL!!!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Your 'argument' was that because everyone uses base and only some make naans, JBs base thread was more productive. That was  where  the word argument came in, and the definition of it is relevant.

No, that was my contribution to an ongoing discussion; if you chose to view it as an argument, and to so classify it retrospectively, that was your choice, not mine.

Case over; go and 'argue' with someone else now :)

But there is no-one more argumentative than you on this forum, Mr McGarp, so with whom better to argue if I want a worthy opponent than your good self ?  CA gave up and went off to found a s[h]ite where no argument is permitted; perhaps you could do likewise and found a s[h]ite where /only/ argument is permitted :)  Like he, you would soon become the sole member, but you could still have good arguments with yourself ...

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Arguments
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Well I think that all arguments on the forum should be ran through the Shakespearean translator which would make them more interesting to read for those not involved and probably make the participants not get too annoyed at each other. Examples below.  :)

thus i continue to believe that thy original lay-to of "argument" was as impli'd in mine earlier message, and not as thou would anon seek to claim.

thy 'argument' was that because everyone uses base and only some make naans, jbs base thread was moo productive. that was  whence  the word argument came in, and the definition of 'tis relevant. case over; go and 'argue' with someone else anon :)

©2024 Curry Recipes