Author Topic: Why we cannot produce that missing taste ?  (Read 131419 times)

Offline IanR

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Why we cannot produce that missing taste ?
« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2007, 11:23 AM »
But Guys!  I said I believe (know) it IS obtainable at home!  ;D  ;)

Hi Cory Ander,
do you say this because you have achieved it yourself or you have seen someone else do it? Whichever, it gives us all hope  :)

Ian

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2007, 11:35 AM »
I think a few of us have made that perfect curry with the "taste", I have myself but it's actually nailing it down and reproducing it every time.  I thought I had cracked it with the simple base and final curry method I had been shown but the next time I made it the results were not the same.  I wish at the time I had videoed the demo so I could have looked back now and see if I missed anything, the recipe was so simple though it must be down to the method.  Stews new base has given me a great result so I'm hoping I can get it spot on with some experimentation.  I'm sure a lot of the curry's I do make are of a restaurant quality but it's convincing myself that it is  :-\

Offline IanR

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I'm sure a lot of the curry's I do make are of a restaurant quality but it's convincing myself that it is  :-\
Thats the trouble. Other people always give my curry's the thumbs up but i'm never satisfied with the results myself.

Ian

Offline lorrydoo

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2007, 12:37 PM »
Curry King, do you have the recipe for the lamb bhuna you made using Admins new base?  I am going to try and make it this afternoon.  Do you think this is the best curry you have made to date?

Thanks CK.

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 07, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Curry King, do you have the recipe for the lamb bhuna you made using Admins new base?  I am going to try and make it this afternoon.  Do you think this is the best curry you have made to date?

Thanks CK.

Recipe is here:
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1914.0

One of the best to date without a doubt although using my usual base this curry is still a winner.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 01:13 PM by Curry King »

Offline lorrydoo

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 07, 2007, 01:05 PM »
Curry King, you are a star.  I will let you know how I get on and try and post some pictures if I can.

Thanks.

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2007, 01:13 PM »
Yeah, any feedback is most welcome ;)

Offline lorrydoo

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2007, 01:15 PM »
Curry King, the new base states in step 4;  "4. Blend onions with 1 tin toms, garlic bulbs, ginger & some water until become a puree / has a soup like texture."

Do you add the garlic and ginger raw?

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2007, 01:19 PM »
I blended the G&G with a little water first then added it as I needed some more puree for final currys but it was raw.

Offline lorrydoo

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2007, 06:52 PM »
CK, I have made your Bhuna using Admins new base and it was superb.  I have had so many failures lately, I thought it would be impossible to get close to a BIR curry.  But your Bhuna coupled with the new base is very, very close to the real thing and must be one of the best on this site. 

It would possibly benefit from chicken stock and I made an adjustment at the end of cooking the Bhuna by adding some rose water and this gave it a real exotic taste. 

Many thanks CK,

Lorrydoo

©2024 Curry Recipes