Author Topic: 4 base sauces tested  (Read 11018 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: 4 base sauces tested
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 06:30 PM »
I think you've done a sterling job there chipfryer, well done, you must be pleased as punch to have come so close to what you have been seeking after five years. I've never added lots of fresh methi to the base sauce but in light of what you say I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for sharing your experiments with us.

chipfryer

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 06:35 PM »
Welcome Santa.

I've learned a whole bunch from this forum so my gratitude is plain to see I hope.
I think Stew's sauce could well go with chicken? I was going to throw it but found myself supping it Hahahahaha  ;D

Lot's to do as we all know but I feel, truly feel that for me at least I am close. Thanks to you too for helping me out too.
Very best wishes.  :)

I think you've done a sterling job there chipfryer, well done, you must be pleased as punch to have come so close to what you have been seeking after five years. I've never added lots of fresh methi to the base sauce but in light of what you say I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for sharing your experiments with us.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 06:42 PM »
1 TBS Tomato paste

2. Add Tomato Sauce - Cook well on high heat.

I think we need an American-English translation here. Can you explain what these are please?

chipfryer

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Hehehehe
Sorry Santa.Your not wrong I'm telling you. ;D

1 TBS Tomato paste
 = Tablespoon

===================

The oil has to be very hot when the tomato paste hits the pan. It will curdle slightly

Is that clearer?

1 TBS Tomato paste

I think we need an American-English translation here. Can you explain what these are please?

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Sorry i didn't make myself very clear, what I was asking was what are tomato paste and tomato sauce. Can you describe them please?

chipfryer

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Nope my fault Santa. They are the same. I created the sauce from tomato paste. Basically water and tomato puree. They do that a lot over here when cans of crushed toms are not available.

I'll rewrite it again. Many apologies.

Sorry i didn't make myself very clear, what I was asking was what are tomato paste and tomato sauce. Can you describe them please?

©2024 Curry Recipes