Author Topic: rajver vindaloo sauce - new chef/ and base sauce recipe  (Read 26701 times)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: rajver vindaloo sauce - new chef/ and base sauce recipe
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2009, 11:33 AM »
i've revisited this base having made my take on the CRO2 development base probably for the last 6 mths.

the rajver base is interesting in that it includes green pepper and quite complex spicing (turmeric, currypowder, coriander, cumin and garam masala).

the green pepper certainly added real good aroma during the base cooking. i also love the coconut in it.

the spicing is something i can't understand as my recollection is that it works in this base yet when i've tried it in the CRO2 base it don't.

the base taste every bit a good as i remember it (and i've made this base a lot). i do feel i miss the effect of the marg and whole spices from the CRO2 base though.

i must never have reclaimed oil from this base as it's a yucky chip pan colour (think i started with the saffron).

looking fwd to cooking with it this week.

for info recipe in list form http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=720.msg22787#msg22787

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2009, 07:26 AM »
i've now cooked with the base and found it exactly how it was before - spot on.

i cooked for info CK's CTM, Admin's Jalfrezi, CK's Madras & my madras.

the tomato in the base caught me off guard and i had to reduce the amount of tom puree in my madras as a result.

i'll post details on what i was looking for in the more relevant post http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3266.0

Offline sarannan

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2009, 11:22 AM »
make it cool.....

©2024 Curry Recipes