Author Topic: Volunteers Required - 15 Curry Sauces, 2 weeks  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Volunteers Required - 15 Curry Sauces, 2 weeks
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:59 PM »
Volunteers Required - 15 Curry Sauces, 2 weeks

I would like to run a little competition to get some members to try out 15 Curry Sauces and report back on their findings and then further to test their sauce with a pre-chosen recipe of their choosing from the site.
The idea is to obtain feedback on the actual curry sauce and to see what a finished dish using the curry sauce actually looks like.

Suggested Template for Reporting back: (copy and paste this to use in your post)

Background
Add some background text, give us an overview of what you are making and how you feel about this recipe

Ingredients
List the ingredients you have used

Method
Give us a quick overview on the method, was it difficult, did it gloop everywhere, does the oil rise easily, how did it smell, what are your first impressions.

Photos (e.g ingredients, cooking process, finished base sauce)
Everybody loves to see photos, so why not add this into the post, show everyone what you made and how you made it

The Curry Sauce Verdict
Level of Difficulty (1 = anyone can do, 5 = only for an experienced chef)
Does it have 'the taste', i.e. is this the real deal in your opinion (1 = yuk. 5 = its just like a real takeaway)
Would you Recommend This Curry Sauce (Yes/No)
Oil Content Upon Finished Sauce (1 = None, 5 = Extreme just what I was looking for)
Overall verdict (1 to 5 taking into account the above)

The Finished Curry Dish
Please add a photo, the recipe you used and some comments on the final curry dish you have made.[/quote]

In order to try to get some enthusiasm for the this competition, there will be a prize of ?30 that goes to the best looking curry and associated post as judged by me, myself and I.

You can click this link to view all the curry sauce available http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=422.0

Just post the name of the curry sauce you will be making to claim one.
First 15 claims starts the competition?.who?s in?

Ill see how this goes....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 06:40 PM by Admin »

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteers Required - 15 Curry Sauces, 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:09 PM »
Oh Dear  ???

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 01:53 AM »
I would like to run a little competition to get some members to try out 15 Curry Sauces and report back on their findings

I like the idea of pooling resources in order to try and make some real progress in some way.

A key issue, I feel, is the great difficulty of setting standards/consistency in that I doubt if we all have the same idea of what the BIR 'taste' is, for a start.

Perhaps it would be better for 15 people to all prepare and report back on the same dish, rather than 15 different dishes. I'm not sure. Can we even judge base sauces adequately, in isolation? Base sauce is just work in progress. Even better would be to meet in person somewhere, some time and have a joint cooking/tasting session to help get some idea of whether we really all are talking about the same tastes and level of excellence.

Regards
George

Offline Rai

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 07:08 AM »
Oh Dear  ???

what do you mean graeme?

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 07:44 AM »
Can you please clarify what you're proposing here Stew? 

Are you proposing that (up to?) 15 people each make one (or more?) of 15 curry bases and then make any curry they chose to from it? 

And is the intent simpy to get people to try curry bases and report on them?

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 08:36 AM »
The idea is to get peeps to try a different base sauce then report back, the concept is to have similar reports on the same criteria as mentioned.

Just thought it might get some interest going as i for one, have not tried all the bases on the site.
Not to worried about a competition but just seeing if i can stir some curry interest.

Open to all suggestions on this.

S

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Hi all,

Rai i meant "Oh Dear" as in not a single post on this topic,
thats all. It was a pity no one wanted to know about this.

Even I had not posted a reply but did read/think
about this a couple of times.

It looks like Admin (Stew)may have put alot of work
into this subject to try to get things going.

regards, graeme.

BTW any one going for the Channel 4 TV Proposal

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 02:40 PM »
Now that's a thought Graeme.  I did initially think about it and then decided that all, but Tikka Masalla which was made on the programme, are not British.  On the other hand it doesn't have to be Indian does it?  What about you, have you got any wonderful inventions of your own tucked up your sleeve then?  CQ

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Hi QC and all,

Has that channel 4 show been produced and shown on the telly ??

curry queen said "What about you, have you got any wonderful inventions of your own tucked up your sleeve then?"

well no/yes I do find that out of all my efforts I can do starters, side dishes,
rice's and breads very well most times. I can produce a very nice pathia using 50 great currys by cp, but as far as bir goes I have never quite managed it. I was going to post some of my stuff on bir years ago but decided that other peeps were doing so well, my input would simply not matter.

I would like to save my onion bhaji and mint sauce
(with the secret or missed ingredient) for the long awaited CRO charity book.

So i guess i do have a wonderful invention but its not mine* but i could have
taken the credit, but won't. However it did take a bit of getting mind you.
(* i have deleted a little from the above)

Anyway getting back to the tv show my children had us in stitches when he described my kitchen activity's...
he said it was like willy wonkers factory. I cook all day for a single tiny bit of food, he also said cooking Indian food
at home is like trying to make the everlasting gob stopper :-)) to my embarrassment he's right and what a wonderful way to put it.

:-)

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 09:45 PM by graeme »

©2024 Curry Recipes