Author Topic: Hi,  (Read 4877 times)

Offline RobinB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Hi,
« on: November 01, 2007, 11:09 PM »
Hi,Just joined,the site looks fantastic, and im really looking forward to trying out some recipes

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi,
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 08:35 AM »
Welcome,

Please ask any questions and dont forget to post up some photos of your work..

This is a great forum so please enjoy it.

Stew 8)

Offline schweiky

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 12:27 PM »
Hi
I have just joined too.  What a great site!  I was intrigued by the UCB and made the one which came with a set of balti pans ( as it looked the easiest) straight away.  I had some very good results by following the recipe given for chicken madras. I will try the Darthphall one asap.
I use a lot of authentic Indian recipes too, and in fact am going to be cooking up a big dinner for eight friends tomorrow night with the following mixture:
Chicken Tikka (starter)
Main
Beef and Mushroom curry (Madhur Jaffrey)
Lamb Madras (Tamil Nadu style)(cookery book)
Balti Chicken
Mushrooms with yoghurt and spices (recipe book - very good recipe already tried)
Spicy chips (recipe book)
Beetroot rice
Sag Bajhi
Dessert?  Who knows?  Not my speciality!
I will let you know how it goes!
Schweiky ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline brum_57

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Hi schweiky and welcome aboard, not strictly a dessert this but nice all the same, mango lassi - seen floyd do it on his floyd on india series, it's just mango flesh, greek yougurt and milk blitzed in a blender - serve cool it's delish :P

Kev.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 06:31 PM »
Hi schweiky, looks like you've got you work cut out for you there! Definitely be interested to see if you pull it off. Like Kev said I'd definitely go for a mango lassi as an accompanying drink, it really does compliment hot curries. Desserts just don't seem that popular in Indian restaurants do they? I usually end up opting for a kulfi. You could try mango filled samosas dusted with icing sugar, served with any sort of kulfi or icecream.

Offline Jethro

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 07:40 AM »
A big welcome to both of you, get cooking!  ;D

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Hi schweiky,

If you have time in between cooking would love to See some photos of your curry banquet.

Good luck and welcome.

Stew 8)

Offline schweiky

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 12:04 AM »
Well, the banquet went very well but not at all as I'd planned.  There were less people and I ended up being given a beautiful fresh whole leg of lamb the day before so decided to do that roasted Muglai style (spicy marinade with cloves and almonds)..it was just too nice to cube into a curry.  It was fantastic (if I say so myself)and I was relieved as hell as I hadn't already tried it.  To go with it I did a spicy mashed potato (which was very popular and disappeared in around five minutes although i didn't rate it myself), the beetroot rice (very nice), the mushrooms (excellent..garlic, chilli, ricotta cheese and mint and coriander), a tomato and onion dish with spices and coriander and mango for dessert!  Thanks for the suggestion!  I didn't take any photos but I will next time.  I wish I had because the lamb looked something else when it came out of the oven with a kind of spicy crust and loads of toasted marinade around the bottom of the pan!  Wow..what a centrepiece.  It would make a great celebration (Xmas etc) meal if anyone is interested I can put the recipe down for you.
Then the next day I cooked for my parents and made a karahi lamb, tandoori chicken and used the left over veg!  I was bloody knackered!
Anyway, thanks for the ideas. ;D

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 11:53 AM »
welcome to cr0 RB and Schweiky  8)

Schweiky...I don't suppose you'd like to post your roasted lamb recipe (or any others you may have) would you?  :)

Offline schweiky

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 10:14 PM »
I have posted the lamb recipe for you if you are interested in the authentic section.  I have another which I made up/adapted from two other recipes.  It is a lot cheaper as it only involves a chicken but it is quite complex.  You wouldn't find it in an indian restaurant but is probably one of the best things I've ever eaten.  Again, it's a banquet dish and look superb.  Want me to post?
Schweik

©2024 Curry Recipes