Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Jethro

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Is it just me?
« on: November 10, 2007, 11:33 PM »
Ok this is curry related but does not fit into any other thread really so I will ask you all a question.
Is it just me that insists on presenting my curries in the same fashion as the local BIR?
I have spent a fortune over the years on stainless steel stuff, balti bowls,serving plates, you name it, I have got it (and enough of it to cater for a meal for 6 in any combination)or am I suffering from some wierd disease that comes with injesting too much onion, garlic, ginger and chilli?.
 :-\  ;D

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:13 PM »
I suppose, if you have just got home after a night out and called in to the BIR for a take out, all you would do on arriving home is tip it out on a plate and enjoy. However, if you have taken the time to prepair your ingredients and slaved over a hot stove all afternoon, then why not go the full Monty. Don`t get me wrong, I am not talking about redecorating with the red "flock" wallpaper, and the Indian music playing in the background (ah the 70`s what a time) anyway, just go for it. The only down side would be the washing up  :o

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 06:16 PM »
I think it all adds to the experience! I would really like to get some of those little black Balti dishes that sizzle.

Offline vindalooney

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 11:40 PM »
There is absolutley nothing wrong about putting a little bit of effort into your presentation, my father-in-law-2-b does this with 95% of his meals when me and my fiancee go for dinner, and the people who you invite, appreciate the meal a lot more too.  :)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 06:24 PM »
well as they say the first bite is with the eye ;)

Offline Vindaloo-crazy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 11:32 AM »
I always do it, Hirshan Dance CD playing quietly in the back ground too. I did want to wear a white shirt and black trousers and hand out menus last time but my wife told me I was beginning to get slightly obsessive! :o

©2024 Curry Recipes