Author Topic: Saying Hi from Oxon  (Read 1810 times)

Offline greydog

• Chef
    • View Profile
Saying Hi from Oxon
« on: November 11, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Just found the site and it looks great. I'd be on it all day except I'm off to St A's to witness the Love In between the Mighty Blues and that little team from Lozells way.

Offline Jethro

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Saying Hi from Oxon
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 09:12 PM »
Welcome to cr0 mate, plenty to look at here, take your time and report back with any good results  ;D

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Hi greydog,  ;) Not a big footie fan myself, but I do work in Brum, and my brother in law is a "Blue Nose" so I understand a bit about how seriously you take it. Welcome to the forum by the way. As a Brummie I know you will be sharing some curry related stuff with us. Look forward to hearing from you soon..... regards..mike

Offline RobinB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 01:52 AM »
Hello, and welcome,look forward to hearing from you

Offline greydog

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 11:37 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes I've had :) I knew I shouldn't have gone on about the footie, I put the mockers on the result. >:( Still, it's only a game, not as important as a good curry. ;D
I normally get a quick bite before the game at a place called Big John's near St Andrews. I think it's a franchise thing and they do relatively cheap stuff from Fish & Chips to Sheesh Kebabs, Curry, KFC type things etc., etc. I wouldn't recommend it as a top eaterie but I've had the meat and chicken curries (yesterday tried 2 sheesh kebabs in a nan bread with salad) and I've always enjoyed it. The kebabs were a little on the dry side but the only sauces they had were better suited to the donnas.
Anyway, a reasonably-priced pre-match snack place. Just don't expect the Maharaja or the Rajdoot (where if I'm feeling flushed will always treat myself)
I look forward to learning some great recipes and tips as well as some names of places I've not yet tried.
Cheers for now.

©2024 Curry Recipes