Author Topic: Do You Agreeeeee !!!  (Read 8898 times)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Do You Agreeeeee !!!
« on: April 12, 2005, 07:52 AM »
It seems to me that the general consensus is that we can all copy,
   the Korma & Tikka Masala ect..& that we can make them better than our local take-away , but we as of yet cannot emulate the
    Vindalloo/Tindallo.
    Can any of you get the Phall 100% right as i can ,down here in sunny Cornwall the only real difference between the phall &
           the Vindalloo/Tindalloo is the sweeter taste as the phall has a very savory & flat/blander taste (but is bloody hot).
           & we get spring onions in ours witch none of you have seen.They are used in numerous dishes as garnish aesthetics ect...

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Agreeeeee !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Hi Darthphall,

Have you got a recipe for a nice prawn phall?  One that is not full of ghastly chilli powder which impares the taste and flavour, but, with loads of fresh chillies.  Tindaloo and bindaloo are just continuations of the vindaloo.  Once you have cracked that then you're on your way.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Prawn Phall.
   Do not wash the prawns too much as their subtle flavour will be lost (in a phall are you f******g joking !!)
   If prawns are frozen defrost in a large bowl of water, that will wash them enough.
   For the best results cook raw kingprawns in butter peel then add to the Phall once its cooked.
   this is not a take-away recipe its mine(the one & only DARTHPHALL).
   If you want smooth then puree were needed.
   INGREDIENTS.
 1. 1 LARGE ONION(NOT STRONG IE. SPANISH)
 2. 1 WHOLE GARLIC BULB.(FINELY CHOPPED)
 3. 1oz/25g FRESH GINGER.(FINELY CHOPPED)
 4. 4 TABLE SPOONS VEG.. OIL.
 5. 400g/14oz TIN TOMATOES.
 6. 1 TABLESPOON TOMATOE PUREE.
 7. 12-25 FRESH BIRDS EYE CHILLIES(HEAT IS UP TO YOU BUT AFTER 25 YOU JUST AS WELL USE 4 SCOTCH BONNETS,BUT DON'T USE THE OUTSIDE ,JUST THE SEEDS & SURROUNDING STEM AS THE BODY OF THE SCOTCH BONNET GIVES A VERY SAVORY TASTE UNLIKE ANY CHILLIE IVE TASTED & RUINS A GOOD CURRY .) :(
 8. 1 SPRING ONION CHOPPED.
 SPICES.
  1. 1 TEASPOON GROUND CUMIN.
 2. 1 TEASPOON GROUND CORIANDER.
 3. HALF TEASPOON GROUND FENUGREEK
 4. 1 TEASPOON GARAM MASALA (AS FRESH AS YOU CAN).

METHOD.
 1. FRY ONION,GINGER & GARLIC.
 2. PUT IN ALL SPICES, BRING TO BOIL TURN DOWN TO SIMMER, COOK 5MIN'S..
 3. ADD TIN TOMATOE & TOMATOE PUREE, BRING TO BIOL, TURN DOWN , ADD SPRING ONION, SIMMER FOR 5 MIN'S..
 4. PUT COOKED PRAWNS IN,TURN OF HEAT & SPRINKLE DESERT SPOON OF CORIANDER & HALF TEASPOON GARAM MASALA.
 5. PUT TO ONE SIDE COVER & LEAVE FOR AT LEAST 4/5 HOURS.
 6. EAT IT !!

TIP .
 FINELY CHOP AN ICEBERG LETTUCE & USE THIS INSTED OF BED OF RICE !! DON'T LAUGH I LIKE SO THERE . ;D ;D
 HOPE THIS GIVES YOU SATISFACTION OH CURRYQUEEN.  ;D ;D ;D

LEAVE FOR A

Offline adamski

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Hey DarthPhall,

I've been reading your posts, and I think you are a very funny guy (assuming you are a guy).

I did notice you mentioned that you lived in Cornwall, which is where my family often go for a holiday every year.

Where abouts in Cornwall are you? It's just that last time we went we stayed near Penzance and found this superb curry take-away
not far from Newlin.

I think I tried several places in Penzance (not many in Cornwall mind you) and most were not very good but this place was the muts nutz.

Just that we will be going again for 2 weeks in August and staying right in the middle of Penzance so I need to know the best places to get my fix.

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Hi ,Darthphall
I agree with Adamski you are a very funny and simple guy.
I like what you write and i enjoy reading it.
The pictures that you post are to confirm what i am saying.
Thanks
ghanna

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 10:23 PM »
I am very well known for my silly sense of humour ,yes I'm a guy(very much so !! ) i live near a well known town called  Padstow in Cornwall (but i don't like the tourist part of Cornwall,it ain't what Cornwall really is, you are being fed bullshit, nuff said) .

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 11:53 PM »
...the general consensus is that we can all copy the Korma & Tikka Masala etc..& that we can make them better than our local take-away...

I wish I could say the same. Chicken Korma is the main dish I have been trying to copy for 20 years, not that I've tried more than half a dozen times. I can get the texture but not the BIR flavour. Some ideas brought up on this site may lead to greater success next time I try, e.g. the use of evaporated milk.

Can you point to favourite recipes for BIR style Korma and CTM? Not better than BIR, but the same as BIR!

Ghanna kindly supplied a recipe for Chicken Korma which looks like it has the (fine dining type) potential to be miles better than BIR. I'd treasure such a recipe but would still search for a classic BIR style chicken korma recipe. David Smith published a recipe at curryhouse.co.uk which he said was spot on but I didn't think so. Not quite.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 10:44 PM »
Korma & tikka masala .
 The main ingredients to experiment with are the creamed coconut, double cream & desiccated coconut. i don't actually like either curries , actually i think they suck ass !! I haven't cooked any for 2 years i`ll have to dig out my old notes, cookbooks & see which was my most successful, my local make a terrible tikka masala, it tastes exactly like the curry for two from sainsbury`s !! (my local makes a great Vindalloo/Tindalloo/Lasan chicken though).bear with me i`ll post some recipes hopefully by the weekend.But must stress , you owe it to yourself to eat 4 Phall`s a week & you will find the path to true physical & spiritual enlightenment !! & you could be the proud owner of the worlds first pair of exploding trousers !! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 11:46 AM »
you owe it to yourself to eat 4 Phall`s a week & you will find the path to true physical & spiritual enlightenment !!

I have to disagree with this, although I do like a hot curry now and again, ive tried takeaway phall's and to me they taste like a badly made vindaloo, all chili powder, I can't see the appeal.  Now and again maybe but not all the time, I think one of the best things about curry is the differnce in all the dishes and trying new ones you havn't tried.  I love my vindaloo but I certianly wouldn't just eat that and nothing else.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 11:51 AM »
How can you disagree in a serious manner with my quote when it is obviously A half hearted comment see smileeeesss !!!!  ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I agree the Vindalloo/Tindalloo does taste better & its what i eat most . :)

©2024 Curry Recipes