Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 2004 times)

Offline adriandavidb

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Hi everyone
« on: November 29, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Just joined, very interesting site!

I've been a fan of trying to replicate the 'BIR' curry for years.  First tried-out Pat Chapman's stuff (not a fan!), then Kris Dillon's (very good!) from his book 'The Curry Secret'.  I have also incorporated, some of Bruce Edwards' good advice.  I first discovered his stuff in P Chapman's 'Curry Club' mag back in the early '90s. I was pleased to find some updated hints from Bruce on this site, reproduced from the Curry Club mag, a year or so after I had ceased to be a member.

Like Bruce, I too had the good fortune to 'blag' my way into a 'Curry House' kitchen some years back.  I look forward to sharing info with everyone.

I now use a combination of Kris Dillon's & Bruce Edwards' techniques, combined with what I have seen done in the kichen of the 'Zari' in Ifield, Crawley; back in the days when it was called the 'Gatwick Tandoori'!  I am 45 years old, and have known the people that run that establishment since I was a boy, back in the'70s, when that ran the 'Taj Mahal' in Crawley.

It may or may not suprise everyone that chefs use some interesting ingredients, such as sugar, worchester sauce and tinned tom soup in some of their constructions!!

Adrian

Anyway, enough for now; I look forward to

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 06:36 PM »
Hi Adrian,

Welcome to cr0  :D

Sounds like you have quite a background in BIR cooking and it will be good to read your input.

Cheers
cK

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 09:33 PM »
Hi Adrian,  ;) welcome to the team. Looking forward to hearing from you soon..  ;D

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 09:42 PM »

It may or may not suprise everyone that chefs use some interesting ingredients, such as sugar, worchester sauce and tinned tom soup in some of their constructions!!

adrian , it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

©2024 Curry Recipes