Author Topic: onion bhaji help  (Read 13055 times)

Offline curry_monster

• Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: onion bhaji help
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 06:01 PM »
HI ,Curry monster
It look fine to me .
The custard powder is mainly? consist of cornflour , egg flavor ,and? a very very small amount of vanilla flavoring .
Did you notice any vanilla flavor.?

hi, ghanna

did'nt notice or taste any vanilla its just somthing i alway's use when making any form of batter. i think if i increse it a little more i may find a diferance in taste. managed to get some fresh herbs today so will be making some more lots of for the freezer CM

Offline joe2

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Bought some bhaji mix in my Indian grocers at the weekend, the make is Gits - its in a packet inside a box - cost ?1. Just mix it with water and add onions etc and fry. Gorgeous.

Offline curry_monster

• Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Bought some bhaji mix in my Indian grocers at the weekend, the make is Gits - its in a packet inside a box - cost ?1. Just mix it with water and add onions etc and fry. Gorgeous.

they maybe nice ? i dont disagree. but i will say u cant beat a good home made effort. and a chance to prove to yourself u can make somthing better,the one's ive tried and tested are i would rather put some time and effort into somthing i like rather than suffer the cheap mass produced crap that has a grip on the few enjoy CM ;)

but i will try this. if i can find it in the shops. as ive never tried packets mix's before..only the frozen bhajis and they were
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 03:14 PM by curry_monster »

©2024 Curry Recipes