Author Topic: Not to be missed, 11th Dec - Ramsey sorts out Nottingham Indian Restaurant !  (Read 14109 times)

Offline underwurlde

• Chef
    • View Profile
Just seen the trailer for this and it does look promising, any chance someone could somehow capture it for 'future reference'

See here:
http://www.whatwouldramsaydo.com

Note that this particular episode is not loaded yet, but should be in the near future (it is however available as a *ahem* torrent *ahem, ahem*. It is an American site & concentrates on Gordon's exploits in the US. He does visit an American Curry house and that you can see, look for:

Home page -> Kitchen Nightmares Videos (US) -> Episode 2 part 1 (to 5) - Purnima / Dillans

Enjoy!

Andy

PS
I note some of these video snippets, the audio is not in sync with the video.... Nevermind, still watchable though

Offline underwurlde

• Chef
    • View Profile
Name the spices!!!
Picture taken from Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares for the Curry Lounge Episode.
Recipe is part of a Hyderadad Lamb Korma.

Left to right:

1: Dunno!
2: Cloves
3: Green Cardamon
4: Dunno! (root ginger perhaps??)

Cheers,

Andy

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
The one on the left is whole black cardomom. I'm not sure about the one on the right. Could it be Cinnamon?

Offline underwurlde

• Chef
    • View Profile
Yes to the Black Cardamom, you're the 2nd person to spot that.

The one on the far right has been ID'd as mace by haldi, & a Google image search confirms that it does look very similar so Mace it is I reckon!

Their Hyderadad Lamb Korma went something like:

Shed load of thinly sliced onions (Spanish as far as I could tell) frying away in loads of oil (colouration of Sunflower oil) - absolutely swimming in the oil. Then that tray of spices got chucked in & stirred about followed by lamb, literally "slow cooked on the bone" (for I guess about 10 to 20 mins).

Chilli Powder, Turmeric & salt was then added followed by a huge slab of Garlic & Ginger paste. It was then cooked for 1/2 hour before serving.

Viola! Hyderadad Lamb Korma. If you can, watch that episode.... Observations & comments please!

Andy

Offline SnS

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
I think it's Mace as well but the photo is little out of focus to be sure :o

SnS

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Yeah, it is a little out of focus but too broad and contorted to be cinnamon. I have neither seen nor used mace before. I'm going to research this a little.

Stew - does he take the whole spices back out before serving?

Offline underwurlde

• Chef
    • View Profile
Yep, sorry it's a bit blurred but this is not a photo, this is a capture from an AVI (& because the image is moving it will be slightly blurred to some extent). This is the best, least blurred image that I could capture....

Andy

Offline HOTRING

• Chef
    • View Profile
I found this episode here if any one missed it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZCVgRVXDBc
& yes its black cardimon I put it in my rice it has a mint/annisead taste & the last is  mace the dried frute that surrounds the nutmeg seed not sure what its usually used for but my mum puts a bit in her coffee, it tastes of nutmeg but much stronger

©2024 Curry Recipes