Author Topic: Not to be missed, 11th Dec - Ramsey sorts out Nottingham Indian Restaurant !  (Read 14098 times)

Offline SnS

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Gordon Ramseys F word is due to save an Indian Restaurant from collapse next Tuesday Ch4 9.00 pm ... now that could be a laugh! :)

quote:
The outspoken chef attempts to turn around a failing Indian restaurant in Nottingham where customers are allowed to create their own dishes, making life hell for chef Zahir. A ?500,000 refurbishment in January has left The Curry Lounge looking like a Bollywood movie set, but that is the most authentic aspect of the ethnic concoction which has no chain of command and a messy menu.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
I agree this is a 'must see' because you never know what we might learn.Many thanks for flagging it up. But, if it's anything like his Kitchen Nightmares, like last night's on a pub in Wales, they never give recipes or much info on the dishes he develops for the inevitable relaunches.

Regards
George

Offline SnS

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
If think if it is anything like last nights F word - theyll be throwing meat cleavers at each other.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I saw this advertised last night, really looking forward to it.
Might pick up some proper tips

S

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Great stuff will have to remember this.  I try and catch kitchen nightmares when I can, anyone see last nights from the pub in wales, how I laughed  ;D

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
I can't wait for this
Brilliant
I have seen a couple of his recent programmes
Let's hope he doesn't tell them to take curry off the menu!!

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
Just seen the trailer for this and it does look promising, any chance someone could somehow capture it for 'future reference'  8)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
anyone see last nights from the pub in wales

Yes, I did, as I said 3 hours before!

Gordon Ramsay may know a thing or two about Western cuisines and could undoubtedly turn his hand to 'authentic' Indian food but he's the last person I should think knows much about the sort of BIR approach most of us are so keen on.

Regards
George

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
Sorry George I must have missed that bit  :-[

I'm looking forward to it and as you say it may well not be BIR as we know it but Ramsey is always pushing his quick menus on places so will be interesting to see how this comes out in a curry house.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Let's hope he doesn't tell them to take curry off the menu!!

Heeheheh.  :)  For some reason I found that really funny. But what's the bet that he insists on more "authentic" dishes on the menu and getting rid of the base sauce approach?

©2024 Curry Recipes