Author Topic: curryhouse.co.uk -- Quick curry  (Read 7891 times)

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: curryhouse.co.uk -- Quick curry
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 08:58 PM »
im blushing ok  ;)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 09:02 PM »
Ahh you've come a long way. Now look at you, all grown up and rightful holder of the title of "Tandoor King".   ;D

Offline CurryOnRegardless

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 09:41 AM »
It's damn funny looking back...hehe! It looks like a vesta curry UB! And flour to thicken the sauce..wtf?

Well, strange as it may seem, there are 2 T/As local to me that DO use flour (probably rice flour but not sure of that) to thicken their curries. Interestingly they are both Indian as opposed to Pakistani/Bangladeshi owned and run and are two of the best T/As for miles, they are also the cleanest, by a long way. They also have a more varied menu, one of them makes a fantastic kofta dish and the other does the best onion bhajis ever and something they call "rectangular" onions which are served with the tandoori grill meals (and no they wont let on how they do them, it's a "secret of the trade" and "takes years of dedication and practice" apparently).
I'd seriously like to get hold of the spice mix they use as well, it's very aromatic but spicy with it and very nice indeed but when asked you get fobbed off again, "Chefs' secret". I suppose I'll just have to force meself to keep going back, all in the course of research you understand!

Cheers
CoR

©2024 Curry Recipes