Author Topic: Lamb Passanda (posted by SnS)  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Lamb Passanda (posted by SnS)
« on: January 09, 2008, 02:35 AM »
Posted by SmokenSpices and moved to here by CA

Lamb Passanda from The Curry Secret, Kris Dhillon

1 lb (450g) lean lamb
0.5 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain yoghurt

Wash the meat and cut into slices about 0.25 inch thick and 3 inches x 2 inches. Boil in salted water for 15 minutes or until the meat is tender. Mix the yoghurt and salt in a bowl and put in the meat slices while still hot. Stir to coat the meat and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours (up to 24 hours).

4 tablespoons veg oil
0.75 pint (425ml) curry base gravy
1 teaspoon each, salt and paprika
0.5 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon roughly chopped cashew nuts (optional)
4 tablespoons double cream
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaf

Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan, pour in the curry gravy and bring to the boil. Stir in the salt and paprika and cook on high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

Now turn down the heat and stir in the garam masala, cumin and nuts. Also add the meat, shaking off as much of the yoghurt as you can. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes or so. Spoon off any oil and stir in the cream and half the coriander leaf. Simmer for a minute. Sprinkle remaining coriander on top just before serving.

I don't know of anyone using this Passanda recipe yet, so please let us know how you get on.

teaspoon = 5 ml
tablespoon = 15 ml

Regards

SnS

Offline Snowtop

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Lamb Passanda (posted by SnS)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 06:16 PM »
Hi SnS.Just a couple of questions? How many does it serve and what is the curry base gravy.

Thanks Snowtop

Offline malacara

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Lamb Passanda (posted by SnS)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:01 PM »
I am not very fond of Kris Dhillon recipes, they are all look the same, it?s almost the same recipe for the Chicken tikka masala I used to make (except for the chicken of course). I can offer a Pat Chapman recipe for Pasanda but I haven?t tried it, so I don?t know.

Regards

©2024 Curry Recipes