Author Topic: What about "BIR-inspired" recipes--where should they go?  (Read 1639 times)

Offline ast

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
What about "BIR-inspired" recipes--where should they go?
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:59 AM »
Hi Folks,

I've been thinking about this for a while, but I haven't come up with a good answer on my own.  What I was wondering was if we were to develop some heavily modified or original recipes based around the "essentials" of BIR-style cooking, where would be an appropriate place to post them on this forum (if it is appropriate at all)?.  I'm thinking predominantly about new dishes made with a curry base but using similar techniques and styles.

The main reason is that I'm interested in trying some experiments using base sauces but with potentially non-standard additions/ingredients that are borrowed from other types of cooking.  If they turn out ok and are something I'd be interested in making again, I'm willing to share them here.

If it's really just minor variations to existing recipes, I'll follow the lead of everyone else and post them in the appropriate BIR-* category, but if it's more substantial than just two or three changes which don't really try to mimic an existing restaurant dish, I don't think that's the right place.

I guess I could always just post them in the general curry forum and see what happens.  Maybe that's the best solution after all.

Any info would be appreciated.  BTW, I don't have a timeline planned for any of these recipes, but I thought I'd ask just in case. :)

Thanks in advance,

ast

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What about "BIR-inspired" recipes--where should they go?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 12:49 PM »
Hi Ast,

Go ahead and post them in the general curry chat section, i can always move them to a more appropriate section if required.

Looking forward to seeing your creations.

S

Offline ast

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: What about "BIR-inspired" recipes--where should they go?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 07:33 AM »
Thanks Stew.  We'll do.

Hopefully they're worth posting! :)

©2024 Curry Recipes