Author Topic: Pots and Pans  (Read 2818 times)

Offline John

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Pots and Pans
« on: December 24, 2004, 10:14 PM »
When cooking the curry base, i always use a pressure cooker as it helps draw the flavours out of the whole spices, and added to that it keeps the smell down, although i love the smell of an indian takeaway in my own kitchen, it does cause ruptions in my relationship , i keep hearing the sound of my missus going around spraying Ouste everywhere!
On the pan side of things, make sure you dedicate a pan for your curry, as i found out when I used my frying pan to cook a fry up and it had this faint hint of curry, not what you want when your eating a good ole english breakfast after a nite on the tiles!

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pots and Pans
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 10:26 PM »
I was using a pressure cooker for loads of things.
Then I was told that there was a link with the altzimers condition.
Sometimes when I used it with lemon juice or vinegar it cleaned the pan shiny.
That meant the aluminium was in the meal
I was very upset but stopped using it
Check it out, maybe it's nothing

Offline John

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Pots and Pans
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 10:31 PM »
Many thanks for that info pete, i did a search and it confirmed what you said, heres the data:

Aluminum Toxicity can also mimic Alzheimer's. Headaches, forgetfulness, speech disturbances, and memory loss are symptoms common to both Alzheimer's and Aluminum Toxicity. According to Balch and Balch (Prescription for Nutritional Healing), aluminum itself cannot cross the blood-brain barrier and enter the brain but certain aluminum compounds such as aluminum fluoride can. Balch and Balch go on to say that aluminum sulphate and fluoride are in many municipal water systems and these chemicals can combine in the bloodstream to make aluminum fluoride which can enter the brain. One should also be wary of other sources of aluminum like aluminum cookware, antacids, buffered aspirin, anti-diarrheal preparations, aluminum cans, deodorants, douches, food additives like baking soda, frozen doughs, self rising flour, process cheese slices, and shampoos because the aluminum they contain may contribute to Aluminum Toxicity. The early stages of Alzheimer's may be slowed by the avoidance of aluminum products.

©2024 Curry Recipes