Author Topic: Korma  (Read 13897 times)

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Korma
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 07:06 PM »
Hi Daz,

In short we dont know, it was Ghannas recipe and she mysteriously disappeared from the forum a while ago, heres my best guestimate

Assuming this is a portion for 2

Curry gravy - probably 1 ladle, normally for 2 you'd add 2 (depending on ladle size), but with this recipe there is plenty of other fluid
Evaporated milk - Hmm about 4 TBSP I reckon
Creamed coconut - About 1 TBSP (maybe 2)
Any kind of nuts ( some use cashwnut ,some use Almonds, Some use a kind of nut similar to hazelnut ) - 2 TBSP ground almonds

Pre-cooked chicken ,meat ,prawns ,or defrosted vegtables . - Up to you  ;D

Offline dazza

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Hi Daz,

In short we dont know, it was Ghannas recipe and she mysteriously disappeared from the forum a while ago, heres my best guestimate

Assuming this is a portion for 2

Curry gravy - probably 1 ladle, normally for 2 you'd add 2 (depending on ladle size), but with this recipe there is plenty of other fluid
Evaporated milk - Hmm about 4 TBSP I reckon
Creamed coconut - About 1 TBSP (maybe 2)
Any kind of nuts ( some use cashwnut ,some use Almonds, Some use a kind of nut similar to hazelnut ) - 2 TBSP ground almonds

Pre-cooked chicken ,meat ,prawns ,or defrosted vegtables . - Up to you? ;D

Thanks Mark. Just a bit wary of ruining an entire meal? :o Are there any other recipes that give exact quantites etc for a restaurant standard Korma?

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 09:43 PM »
Hi Mate,

There are more on this site and Ive read a few over the last year or so, I guess most are posted here : http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?board=3.0

cheers

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 02:38 PM »
hi Curry King Ive wathed them prepare  a mix to make corma as quick as posible and this is what I saw st Ivels single cream I prehaps would use quater of box for a few. Add to a basin the cream now add a teaspoon of garlic puree a teaspoon of ginger puree, a table spoon of almond powder two table spoons of caster sugar, and then just add coconut powder to get a solid type of concistency stiring it all in. just add to your curyy when cooking,not all lol but tasting till you are happy.Hope this helps TERRY

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 12:31 PM »
I gave this a shot at the weekend. Not my kind of curry by a long shot but the recipe is bang on the mark. The gf loved it   8)

©2024 Curry Recipes