Author Topic: Fun and games on uk.food+drink.indian  (Read 5038 times)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Fun and games on uk.food+drink.indian
« on: April 19, 2005, 08:41 AM »
I don't even know why I bother reading it anymore but had a quick look this morning and its not changed, the usual fatheads are arguing the toss over who knows best:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&threadm=d41ouh%24n6l%241%40titan.btinternet.com&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26q%3Duk.food%252Bdrink.indian

Its worth checking out if you fancy a good laugh, you won't find much curry insight though its full arguments between the regulars and anyone else who might have a different opinion.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 08:48 AM by Curry King »

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Fun and games on uk.food+drink.indian
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 08:52 AM »
Hi , Curryking
Thank you for the link , it is the first time for me to see it.
I am going to join.
Cheers
ghanna

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 08:59 AM »
I wouldnt bother, its goes weeks without a single post and its easy to see why!

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 10:27 AM »
Google groups can be a very useful resource for personal views and discussion on almost any subject under the sun. It's a great pity when any forum gets taken over by people who end up using abusive language much of the time. I just read another thread at uk.food+drink.indian, being very rude about a couple of celebrity chefs. Sad.

I hope admin would delete any such messages here. Long may this forum stay useful.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 10:49 AM »
George,

I will go through and clean up any non-productive posts as and when i can.
I also intend to do some rules for posting, if anyone has any ideas then bullet point them in a Personal Message PM and i will include them.

Thanks,
S 8)

Offline Nessa

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 02:26 PM »
I don't even know why I bother reading it anymore but had a quick look this morning and its not changed, the usual fatheads are arguing the toss over who knows best:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&threadm=d41ouh%24n6l%241%40titan.btinternet.com&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26q%3Duk.food%252Bdrink.indian

Its worth checking out if you fancy a good laugh, you won't find much curry insight though its full arguments between the regulars and anyone else who might have a different opinion.

It's a shame that google group is such a waste of space, it could be a great resource if it wasn't presided over (in the main) by BIR naysaying trolls and clueless cooks, and I think you know who I mean!  I tried posting there before (in response to help/recipes needed) and was roundly sneered at and ignored.  There is no room there for other people's contributions, it seems, except for the clique who drive people away and bicker amongst themselves.  It's an embarrassment to the indian food loving community.

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 03:13 PM »
There's a few good people on there and the woman that runs the faq website for ufdi (Elaine) is sound but it is populated in the main by very opinionated twats

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 06:29 PM »
There's a few good people on there and the woman that runs the faq website for ufdi (Elaine) is sound but it is populated in the main by very opinionated twats

I agree with that, its full of ppl that think they know everything and don't want to hear another opinion

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 07:16 PM »
I might join them just to wind the bastards up then :D ."the wrath of DARTHPHALL is legendary even in hell"! >:(
 You know what they say."If you're going to be a bastard be a DARTHBASTARD !!! ;) ;)
Its like being a bastard but with hammers hehehehehehehehe  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 10:13 PM »
Darthphall,

You sound just like my son, evil, but in a nice way!  You tell them son and may the force be with you!

©2024 Curry Recipes