Author Topic: It's Greek to me... And Indian  (Read 6849 times)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: It's Greek to me... And Indian
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 01:50 PM »
I was going to say the spicing seems a little out on the recipe for the madras...

Id say it was as well, Im debating wether to try it or not  :-\

Might be really nice but then again my standard Madras is really nice anyway.  I think I will knock up a sauce with it tonigth as ive got a fresh batch of gravy to play with, I will post back the results.

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Save your curry base and spices!  I have just tried out this madras recipe (without chicken or prawns) and to be honest with you I don't like it.  Too many spices.  Garam masala and tandoori masala gives it a somewhat bbq taste - not the traditional taste and flavour for a madras.  I am glad I didn't include my prawns in this one.  Sorry to disappoint.

Offline merrybaker

• Head Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 08:43 PM »
I have just tried out this madras recipe (without chicken or prawns) and to be honest with you I don't like it.?
I'm sorry to hear that.? I guess the website was too good to be true. :(

Offline Nessa

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 02:16 PM »
I was a little put off when he said he had never heard of  brinjal baji, even when told it was aubergine he seemed to think it was a fried thing like an onion baji.  As every indian restaurant I have ever been in (and I've been in lots!) refers to vegetable side dishes as 'bajees/baji/bhagee/' etc I have doubts he's even been in one, never mind worked in one.  The recipes seem to be copied and pasted from the usual old Dillonesque ones floating around on the net too, ie. 'green' ginger, which hasn't been used as a term for ginger for years!

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 03:11 PM »
I think bhaji actually translates to cooked vegetables or mixed vegetables or some such

©2024 Curry Recipes