Author Topic: chillies  (Read 3482 times)

Offline bobby1

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
chillies
« on: April 20, 2005, 04:33 PM »
 do anyone know if there`s any websites where i can buy chillies online thank you bobby1

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: chillies
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Hi bobby1,

Welcome to the forum,

Try this link
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=116.0

Let us know how you get on.

S 8)

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 01:02 PM »

Offline John

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 11:59 PM »
or you could nip down to your local garden centre and buy some chilli seeds, and grow your own!
Thats what im doing this year, i like damn hot curries the same as darthphall, so im growing some Tepin chillies, meant to be hotter than Habareno!

Hey Darthphall, i'll post some down to you once they have ripened and dried out.

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 06:59 PM »
Hi John,  You have just reminded me that I have some Tepin chilli seed that I bought at the Chilli Festival last year.  Will it be too late to plant now?  They are supposed to be the hotest chilli and I think they come from Brazil.  If you are in the south east of England in August then the chilli festival is well worth visiiting.

Offline John

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Hi John,  You have just reminded me that I have some Tepin chilli seed that I bought at the Chilli Festival last year.  Will it be too late to plant now?  They are supposed to be the hotest chilli and I think they come from Brazil.  If you are in the south east of England in August then the chilli festival is well worth visiiting.
Hi CurryQueen, I don't think it's too late to sow the seeds, but they will take about 2-3 weeks to germinate, just make sure theyre warm and damp, i've put in 20 seeds and i've only seen half of them come up sofar, but they've only been in 2weeks so i may see the others come up this week....Hopefully!!! so get on and sow your seeds tomorrow!

I've been meaning to go to the chilli festival for a while now but i've never followed it up, where and when is it? i just might make it this year!

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 08:11 AM »
Hi John,  The chilli festival in held in a little place called West Dean, which is a few miles from Chichester in West Sussex.  It will be truly worth you while.  There are food stalls selling hot, hot food, chilli hot and it is great.  There are clothing stalls with the theme of chilli in mind, plant stalls, lots of plants with chillies etc, etc.  Get there early though as it was packed out last year.  Let me know if you go, its in August.  I am not sure of the date yet but if you look on the net under West Dean Chilli Festival you should get it.  Now I must go sow my seeds!

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 08:41 AM »
Sonuds interesting, could be the first meet up of this forum!

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 01:46 PM »
Thanx john let me know when they`r ready ill e-mail my address to you, once again thanks.
 All the best DARTHPHALL (curries from the dark side ) :o 

©2024 Curry Recipes