Author Topic: Which accompaniments?  (Read 8594 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Which accompaniments?
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 06:59 PM »
See now, if I was the suspicious type I'd look at CK replying at 6:28 and Domi in there at 6:47 and I'd say Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

But staying with the thread, an accompaniment I used to eat by the jar load was geeta's  chilli pickle. Oh my god, I can just taste it now, it is just to die for. And when you're on the loo the next day that's pretty much what you wish you had done.

Offline Jethro

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 07:33 PM »
I don't mind a small dollop of lime pickle with a very mild curry like Korma as a counterpoint but generally don't eat the stuff.
Dom, the missus said "'as she been t' flat top?".  A pub?

Offline Jethro

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 07:38 PM »
See now, if I was the suspicious type I'd look at CK replying at 6:28 and Domi in there at 6:47 and I'd say Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

But staying with the thread, an accompaniment I used to eat by the jar load was geeta's  chilli pickle. Oh my god, I can just taste it now, it is just to die for. And when you're on the loo the next day that's pretty much what you wish you had done.

Try a cheese and Geeta's chilli pickle sandwich ...very nice, sorry wandering off topic :)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 07:53 PM »

Well if Domi comes out with a range of over priced ebooks and videos with me backing them up you might have cause for concern  :P 

I also don't find the time to log in and read\reply to all the threads as me let alone as two people

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 08:04 PM »
ROFL @Secret Satan ;D well I'm with cK (then again, I would be wouldn't I, he's the Michael to my LaToya  :o Sorry CK :-* ;D )

Ha, I don't actually know why anyone would think we were the same to start with, have I missed something?

Sorry back on topic, the wife likes lime pickle so have the chance to try it on occasion but just don't get on with it.  I'm also more of a naan rather than a rice man as well, you just can't beat scooping up the sauce with a fresh garlic & coriander naan.

Offline Jethro

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 08:18 PM »

Sorry back on topic, the wife likes lime pickle so have the chance to try it on occasion but just don't get on with it.  I'm also more of a naan rather than a rice man as well, you just can't beat scooping up the sauce with a fresh garlic & coriander naan.

Naan, rice,... rice, naan I always have both and end up leaving half of each  ;D

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 08:32 PM »
Naan, rice,... rice, naan I always have both and end up leaving half of each  ;D

I always find rice fills me up so quickly, I don't mind it but if eating out I can usualy polish of a curry and naan, add rice and I struggle.

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 08:45 PM »

But staying with the thread, an accompaniment I used to eat by the jar load was geeta's  chilli pickle.

lol SS you certainly strike me as the suspicious type luv 8) :P or should that be the type that I'm supposed to be suspicious of? :o hehehe BTW geetas chilli pickle is great with cheese on toast too :D

Dom, the missus said "'as she been t' flat top?".  A pub?

Does she mean the one up bi'th'Albion? I've been past it a few times but I've not called in, I'm Huddersfield born and bred so I tend to stick to mi own side o't' tahn fer drinkin' lahk ;D but I'll travel for a good curry :D Where are you living now, if you don't mind me asking?

BTW CK, it was someone at A.N.Other board that was speculating as to whether we are one and the same and I've no idea why either ::)  unlike them I don't mind ppl knowing who I am or what I look like - hence my interest in curry meets 8) but I'm with you on the G&C naans too or peshwaris with a nice northern mangoey pathia....eeh!!!! tha' can't top it! :D

Offline Jethro

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 09:32 PM »

Does she mean the one up bi'th'Albion? I've been past it a few times but I've not called in, I'm Huddersfield born and bred so I tend to stick to mi own side o't' tahn fer drinkin' lahk ;D but I'll travel for a good curry :D Where are you living now, if you don't mind me asking?

She said, "aye 'appen and do yer know t' pub at Thunderbridge, can't remember t' name of it but Tim Taylors wer 24p a pint, this wor 1976" :)
We live in Romsey Hampshire (my home town).

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 09:51 PM »
lol I were onny fahv in '76 :D but ah think she muist meeann th'Wooidman Inn.....it's still a reet gud pub....or at leeast it were last tahm ah were i' theer ;D

Does your wife think northern curries are better than southern curries? :)

©2024 Curry Recipes