Author Topic: Which accompaniments?  (Read 8597 times)

Offline Jethro

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Which accompaniments?
« on: March 01, 2008, 08:31 PM »
Ok, what do we all like to eat with our favourite curry?
I feel lost without Pataks Brinjal pickle with every curry.
I also like a good chilli or chilli and lime pickle with a mild one or Geeta's onion chutney with a hot one.
The wife likes mango chutney with everthing (little does she know I have been upgrading from mild to quite hot ones  ::) )
She also likes a yogurt and cucumber Riata with everthing.
Chopped coriander is mandatory of course.
What do you curryholics like and has anyone made their own pickles/chutneys?

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Which accompaniments?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Ooooohhhhh.......mango chutney, raita, poppadoms, peshwari/garlic naan, onion bhajis, chicken or fish pakora and dipping sauce, a bit of side salad, mushroom/keema pilau.....oh and a mango or lime khulfi for desert :P

:o Bloody hell! I sound like a right greedy frigger :o Although since I'm also curryKing, I'm always eating for two and he's really greedy ;D :P

Offline Jethro

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Ooooohhhhh.......mango chutney, raita, poppadoms, peshwari/garlic naan, onion bhajis, chicken or fish pakora and dipping sauce, a bit of side salad, mushroom/keema pilau.....oh and a mango or lime khulfi for desert :P

:o Bloody hell! I sound like a right greedy frigger :o Although since I'm also curryKing, I'm always eating for two and he's really greedy ;D :P

Is a Yorkshire thing this mango chutey and riata?, the wife is from Dewsbury :)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 11:31 PM »
I'm right next door to Dewsbury so it very well could be, Jethro ;) but then I've always thought your personal curry-taste is dependent on which town you're from :)

Which part of Dewsbury is your wife from?

Offline Jethro

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 11:35 PM »
Bath street, up the hill from the Bath Hotel. :)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 09:15 AM »
Has to be mango chutney and onion salad for me, can't enjoy a curry without plenty of both on the plate  8)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 12:46 PM »
That's only 5-6 miles from us Jethro :) We're near Whitley, which is a local place for local people LOL :P We've lived here for almost 9 years but we're still known as "them newcomers" ::) ;D Do you still visit up here and if you do, which curry house(s) do you frequent?

back to sides/accompaniments....I just can't like lime pickle ::) I've tried all different kinds but I can't get any of them down :-X

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 06:10 PM »
I just can't like lime pickle...I've tried all different kinds but I can't get any of them down..

Good grief you northern heathen. Lime pickle is my absolute can't do without accompaniment. I have to say though, when I first tasted lime pickle I just couldn't believe how anyone could stomach it, but somewhere along the line I just acquired a taste for it. So much so that I used to polish off a full catering jar of patak lime pickle about every two weeks. I saw a program ( or maybe read about it) that had these bevvied up scoundrels betting each other that they couldn't eat a full small jar of patak lime pickle in one go. I just thought what's the big deal, that's one portion for me!  :)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Good grief you northern heathen. Lime pickle is my absolute can't do without accompaniment. I have to say though, when I first tasted lime pickle I just couldn't believe how anyone could stomach it, but somewhere along the line I just acquired a taste for it.

I can't stand the stuff either, it is an acquired taste but not one I'm to fussed about acquiring  :P      I wonder I how people can pile the stuff on their plates but then they probably think the same about me with a raw onion diced up on the side of my curry  8)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 06:47 PM »
ROFL @Secret Satan ;D well I'm with cK (then again, I would be wouldn't I, he's the Michael to my LaToya  :o Sorry CK :-* ;D )

SS, you sound just like my brothers ::) I may be a dirty heathen as far as lime pickle goes, but I can stomach far more in me mouth than they can ;) 8)
Lime pickle tastes like peppery earwax to me.....just don't ask me how I came to try peppery earwax, it's a secret :-X :-[

©2024 Curry Recipes