Author Topic: Is this a TYPICAL welcome from RCR?  (Read 6057 times)

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a TYPICAL welcome from RCR?
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 06:04 PM »
I'm wondering how you find the time to keep making all these different bases not to mention the storage space, wish I could invest more but I'm finding my curry time increasingly short  :(

I think that having no particular hobby's and crap TV reception, combined with the fact that I only have to feed myself, allows be a fair amount of curry time. I like curry and I don't get bored of it, so I make it a lot.

That said, I only make around 1 base every few weeks and freeze it. Once I'm bored of it, I give it out in cheap tubs to my dosser mates, along with all the spices they need ground up into one mix and tell them to just get a pan with a fair bit of oil really hot, cook half an onion, stick the spices in, stir like hell and add some cooked meat and then the base bit by bit without burning anything. They seem pretty chuffed with the results and say it's better than a jar. I try and keep it simple otherwise I'm pretty certain they wouldn't want it.

That clears room in my tiny freezer. Oh - and I live next to an Iceland, which I like to think of as my freezer, making my kitchen freezer a little roomier.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 01:34 AM »
Don't forget CC is a Canadian.....

Is he? How can we know for sure?

Offline Rai

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 01:45 AM »
Is he? How can we know for sure?

Do we really care?

Offline The Apprentice

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 02:21 AM »
Hi I am new , found this post and was wondering what RCR is - and would it be helpful in assisting a newb with curry making ? Is CC an Indian Chef?? Could someone post me a link to the site please?

Thanks for your help.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 02:48 AM »
Do we really care?

No we really reaaly reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly do not!

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 02:16 PM »
Hi I am new , found this post and was wondering what RCR is - and would it be helpful in assisting a newb with curry making.

Not unless you wanted to be parted from your money and even then it's not going to help you much.

Locking thread as I think were done here...

©2024 Curry Recipes