Poll

As a new member what deters you from posting? (poll started March 08)

Lack of cooking knowledge and fear of being classified a "newbie"
78 (21.4%)
Not sure how to confidently send postings on this forum (see 'How to Post' in this section)
77 (21.2%)
Nothing to say - quite happy reading  opinions from other members
80 (22%)
Don't wish to be an active member as I won't be visiting this forum regularly
2 (0.5%)
Would rather remain "in the background" but will visit regularly
90 (24.7%)
None of the above - please post your reasons
37 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Posting messages as a new member?  (Read 55247 times)

Offline uclown2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Posting messages as a new member?
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2014, 07:21 AM »
the secret to bir as you call it is in the technique,i was going to disclose this secret to the people that give me a warm welcome,i made out in my last and only post that i did not know much just so i could see what sort of people i was putting out there misery and who i was helping,obviously by some of the posts i have seen even on this page it is not friendly orientated so i will not reveal anything here.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2014, 09:31 AM »
the secret to bir as you call it is in the technique,i was going to disclose this secret to the people that give me a warm welcome,i made out in my last and only post that i did not know much just so i could see what sort of people i was putting out there misery and who i was helping,obviously by some of the posts i have seen even on this page it is not friendly orientated so i will not reveal anything here.

Maybe in an E-Book then, like so many others who thought they knew everything... ;)

Les
Les

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • "My work here is done."
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2014, 09:50 AM »

This is a chance for me to say goodbye to ye and hello to the sensible forumeers here! I hope there isn't any cliques though  :P :D

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2014, 10:07 AM »
This is a chance for me to say goodbye to ye and hello to the sensible forumeers here! I hope there isn't any cliques though  :P :D

Hi DO
they are a good bunch on here when you get to know them, and helpful. Although they do rib each other now and again, ;D but it's all part of the fun. just don't take things to seriously. (except the curry's of course) ;)

Les
Les

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
  • Global Moderator
  • Blessèd are those with an open mind ...
    • View Profile
    • The Westberry Hotel / Hôi~An Restaurant
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2014, 10:49 AM »
I hope there isn't any cliques though  :P :D

No, he left some time ago :)

i made out in my last and only post that i did not know much

And very successfully too, if I may say so.  I for one am now completely convinced that you know sweet F-A, and are just another example of the twittering classes who love to pretend that they know far more than they do, then get riled when their bluff is called.

** Phil.
Ogham's law :  The probable value of a message varies inversely as the number of emoticons and/or emoji that it contains.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2014, 10:58 AM »
 :D Sorry, don't usually swear on a first date ;) but that was (moderated) classic!!! Touché!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:03 PM by George »

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Hi spin welcome to cr0

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! WE ARE CURRY! :D

Sorry Malc , I couldn't resist ;D

...getting a curry that's 7/9 !!! ;) :D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2014, 10:07 PM »
:D Sorry, don't usually swear on a first date ;) but that was (moderated) classic!!! Touché!

I am getting very tired of having to moderate what, so far, has been the third post of yours today to include a bad swear word or a thinly disguised version, which is just as bad. When you joined this forum you agreed to avoid the use of such words. Please cut it out. It's so unnecessary.

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Is micky mouse a dog or a cat ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2014, 11:21 PM »
I have decided to post a private message
to mod and have removed my post.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:12 AM by Graeme »

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2014, 10:34 AM »

I am getting very tired of having to moderate what, so far, has been the third post of yours today to include a bad swear word or a thinly disguised version, which is just as bad. When you joined this forum you agreed to avoid the use of such words. Please cut it out. It's so unnecessary.

Thank you for illustrating any concerns members might have with your moderating :D

©2020 Curry Recipes